Registered
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here you go, stick up your best recipies. :bigthumb:

Foo

·
Registered
22,099 Posts
I don't have much inclination for fancy cooking these days. I like to be able to sling a good feed together pretty quickly. I often use the BBQ for that reason. Say a pork chop, and have it with a pre-prepared salad from the supermarket. They have some good ones, like Garden Salad and Caesar Salad, all you need is a sauce for the chop and you're away laughing. Their big fruit salads are very good too.

I also like Chinese, like Chow Mein and Fried Rice. Again, easy to do. I'll post a quick recipe later.

A roast is also good but takes time. I like lamb and pork. Not so keen on beef.

It'll be interesting to see what others have to suggest. Dinnertime is a constant PITA for me.

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am very much a suck and see cook. I will have a look at what goes well with any meats and combine the herb and spices to suit. ;)

One lot of herbs and spices I like is Aussie Bush Spices. These are very good with pretty much anything to do with meat. :)

Foo

·
C3-PO
3,891 Posts
I'm like Foo. Just chuck it in mix it up and see how it goes. I posted this a while ago....

I ain't to bad on the barby tools or in the kitchen. I tried this one tonight in the home oven and have done it before over the coals whilst camping.

Here goes.....

Enough porterhouse or round steaks per person. At least an inch thick. I had 3 steaks.
Cut steaks down sides to form a pocket.
Shove in there what you want.

I put in sliced onion,tomato,capsicum,cucumber,zucchini,mushroom,coon cheese slice,garlic paste and seasoned steaks with mint sauce,mixed herbs (mastercraft in a jar) and salt and pepper over the outside before wrapping in foil. You can even fold the sides of the foil up to make a tunnel to chuck an egg in too if you want. I have tried this also. Fill the foil to bursting point if you want. Not all the food has to be inside the steak.

When wrapping in foil leave a bit of an air pocket.
Preheat oven to 220 degrees. Over the coals about 10-15 minutes does it.
Put packages into oven for about 1/2 an hour. Check on it as you go.
When you get it out make sure you have 2 slices of nice fresh bread and butter on the plate to put your feed on and soak up the juice.

Grab knife and fork and whatever other condiment (solid or liquid) takes your fancy.
Sit in comfy chair.
ENJOY. And expect requests for seconds or thirds or fourths.:iconbana:

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using Tapatalk 2

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
6,289 Posts
Chip buttie soaked in gravy.....oh, and beer.

Real complicated recipe.

Cheers.....Lionel.

·
Weekend Warrior
10,372 Posts
Lamb and pork spit roast. Basted with lemon juice for 3 hours. 5 kilo of meat. Four mouths.

I used the aldi special spit roast kit that came out last year. $60

Bung it in pita bread with tabouli cheese tsatiki dip and tomato. Mmmmmm I could do this every night ��

·
Sell me your MK.
10,488 Posts
2 of my staple meals, and a side.

The "I'm broke" meal
1x mi goreng packet.
1x egg.

Make mi goreng, fry egg, put in a bowl, eat.

The "I'm not so broke" meal
1x car
1x $10 note (per person)

Drive to Hungry Jack's, buy shyte, eat.

The side
1-24x beers

Open beer, drink beer.
Spilling beer is not recommended.

·
Blues Won as Expected. Go the Knights
29,498 Posts
I made some curried sausages for tonight dinner.
Sausages.
Potatoes
Carrot
onion
peas
Curry powder
Cornflour
Can of chicken condense soup.
Brown rice (to be cooked later)

I need to go to uncle Dan's now to find a nice wine to accompany it with.
It smells better than what it looks.:D

Attachments

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
6,289 Posts
Nowt wrong with that mate. Scoff it down, wipe up with bread and washed down with a nice chilled Riesling.MMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Cheers.....Lionel.

PS: Anything special to cook brown rice or is it just like cooking the white stuff?

·
Blues Won as Expected. Go the Knights
29,498 Posts
Nowt wrong with that mate. Scoff it down, wipe up with bread and washed down with a nice chilled Riesling.MMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Cheers.....Lionel.

PS: Anything special to cook brown rice or is it just like cooking the white stuff?
No not really, it just takes a little longer to cook. I just like brown rice better than white stuff.

·
Registered
20,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Brown takes longer, like about 40mins. ;)

Foo

1 - 20 of 8913 Posts
About this Discussion
8.9K Replies
99 Participants
GUzdute
Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum
Patrol 4x4 is the best Nissan Patrol forum to discuss the SUV’s specs, parts, accessories, reviews, problems and more. Join now!
Full Forum Listing