Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

9321 - 9340 of 9385 Posts

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
Whipped up some more of these bad boys.. can't get enough of them.. nom nom nom

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
You and me both. Haven't made any for awhile as I am trying hard to keep to healthy eating, but bugger it, I know what I will be cookin next ...

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
They are just too bloody nice not to make.. Whats your recipe..
A recipe??? For sausage rolls???

Ya having a lend aren't you???

Pork mince (15% fat, fat is yummy), finely chopped bacon, the french holy trinity (not cajun), pinch of fennel seeds (pestle and mortar job), puff pastry (I used to make my own, but store bought is all I use now, too much like hard work making your own with all that folding and rolling).

Bit of milk and poppy seeds for the top.

And Bobs ya aunty ...

If I want to get real fancy I will grate some apple and fold in at the last moment with some fresh sage (sage and apple go together well).

Anything more is over kill, I like classic style.

I hope you are not going to ask what the french holy trinity is ... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess you are lol.

Look up mirepoix, pretty much the flavour base for all western cooking. ;)

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
Just looked up ya fancy French shyte, it's got celery in it, so ya stick it where the sun don't shine.
Celery should be marked "Not Suitable For Human Consumption"
Maaaaate, it's an essential ...

But if you're a wuss go the cajun holy trinity (substitute capsicum for celery, aka bell peppers as the cajuns call it)

·
Registered
914 Posts
Just looked up ya fancy French shyte, it's got celery in it, so ya stick it where the sun don't shine.
Celery should be marked "Not Suitable For Human Consumption"
Coriander has the same warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
Whipped up some more of these bad boys.. can't get enough of them.. nom nom nom

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Now look what ya made me done …

Had a few issues though. Was near my butcher and sausage rolls were on my mind so in I go.

Len only had pork mince with 25% fat (which he makes for a bloke who makes his own sausages) so rather than get him to make 500gms of what I want I just took that, fat is flavour so alls good, got some bread crumbs in the pantry to soak up the extra fat.

Normally I would not put this “mums food budget stretcher” in, but it can come in handy at times

Get home, bread crumbs were all stuck together (probably from the high humidity we have had lately, but that is a good thing. Better to learn of humidity problems now than when I move to Qld permanently…). So what’s the alternative? Answer is Weetbix, just like bread crumbs only crunchy lol.

Next, thought I had a full packet of puff pastry, but I didn’t, only had 3, so I had to run with what I had and make them extra fat.

Thought I would go full lux and have apple in them, but only had red apples (can be a little bitter), so I caramelised them which is why there is raw sugar and apple cider vinegar in the pictures.

You just have to have the holy trinity, even if some people like to stick that stuff where the sun don't shine lol (personally, I never give a bloke a hard time of his personal fetishes, live and let live I say ;) )

Had a couple of Shrooms that needed to be used, so chucked them in as well.

End result looks a bit toasty, but that is just the egg wash getting a little over done from the extra cooking time due to the fat rolls.

Had 1 roll for dinner, and that was plenty, so left overs are on my lunch menu for a few days lol.

Absolute Yummo.

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
I like to keep my knives sharp and can do prep work with my eyes closed. But laughing fit to burst a blood vessel while dicing veg can be a bit of a problem ...

Especially when you are on blood thinners (aspirin).

Took some time to stem the flow...

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,329
You can still stick ya celery where the sun don't shine.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Celery is flavour. Flavour is good.

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
Yep, and Celery sticks stuffed with cream cheese, bacon, herbs and cheddar cheese is a staple for me...

Mmmmmm.

You should try it.

5 stalks celery - washed and dried
250gms cream cheese - softened
1/4 cup bacon - chopped fine
1/2 cup cheddar cheese - grated
1 tablespoon fresh parsley - chopped fine
1 tablespoon fresh chives - chopped fine
Good pinch of salt
Good pinch of fresh cracked pepper
3 dashes hot sauce (I alternate between Tabasco and Bunsters Sh*t the bed Black Label)

Saute bacon and let cool.
Cut celery stalks in half and set aside.
Use a food processor or hand held mixer to whip the cream cheese until smooth.
Add in bacon, cheese, parsley, chives, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
Pulse or blend until all ingredients are combined.
With a teaspoon, fill the celery "boats" with cream cheese mixture.
Sprinkle with addition chives and bacon if desired.
Nom nom nom...

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,332
Celery is chit tasting n spoils a good meal. 🖕🖕 As soon as I taste it, it gets spat out and I'll meticulously go through the rest of the meal, to rid it of that nasty chit. 🖕

Foo

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,333
Sugar levels have been brought up for the day, with some Butternut milk pancakes with jam and nana.:)

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,334
Homemade meat pie tonight. Meat is in the slow cooker, with onions mushrooms carrots some stock and sauces, will do some mashed tata for it as well, I think. :)

Foo

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
Homemade meat pie tonight. Meat is in the slow cooker, with onions mushrooms carrots some stock and sauces, will do some mashed tata for it as well, I think. :)

Foo
WHAT???

No celery !!!!

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,336
Taste is bloody fantastic and precision in the oven was, mm perfect! 🤤:eek:

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,338

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Just a little darkish on a couple, didn’t have any egg wash. First attempt at pies using my new pie maker that my daughter bought me. Learned heaps, this was steak and mushroom, will use the pressure cooker to make the filling next time. Have enough filling for four more.

9321 - 9340 of 9385 Posts