Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

9761 - 9780 of 9819 Posts

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,761
Air fryer pizza tonight. Put it in the middle slot, bit over done on top and base could do with more. Next time i'll put it in the bottom slot.
You talking about the tray heights?

Foo

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,812 Posts
Correct.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,763

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,812 Posts
Seems ok so far. There is also 2 bars across the bottom and 4 at the top that turn on depending what settings you have it on. Might get some form of roast for dinner tomorrow and give it a spin seems it has a rotisserie.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,565 Posts
I'm thinking that 5 jumbo size taco's may not have been the best idea, should have stopped at 4.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,766
High protein breakfast this morning. Bassa done in panko crumbs and szechuan seasoning and the mushrooms done in crushed garlic and szechuan seasoning, a couple of eggs and a tomato with mozzarella cheese. 🤤

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 90MAV and rgren2

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,565 Posts
Are you trying to kill yourself, eating Bassa? It's farmed in the Mekong river, which is basically the sewer of Asia. I read a few years ago that only 5% of it imported is checked and of that ,around 20% was not fit for consumption.
If you want a reasonably priced good fish, try Nile perch. It's a close relative of Barramundi but is a pest species in Lake Victoria in Africa. Eating it helps the environment and gives the locals an income.

Reactions: 45/70 and Softy

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,768
Are you trying to kill yourself, eating Bassa? It's farmed in the Mekong river, which is basically the sewer of Asia. I read a few years ago that only 5% of it imported is checked and of that ,around 20% was not fit for consumption.
If you want a reasonably priced good fish, try Nile perch. It's a close relative of Barramundi but is a pest species in Lake Victoria in Africa. Eating it helps the environment and gives the locals an income.
This was from Vietnam, so I don't know but I didn't buy it.

Foo

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,812 Posts
What woolly said. :sick:

Going to head to the shops shortly and hopefully got some form of pork roast to spin tonight.... Looking forward to it, hopefully i don't kill it. :LOL:

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,821 Posts
Winner, winner, chicken dinner here tonight.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,772
Time to get dizzy.

So what did you season it with and how do you recon the crackling will go? :unsure:

Foo

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,812 Posts
Just salt and pepper.. Crackling is looking ok. i did a dodgy with the string because i cbf going to but some so i stripped what i needed out of the netting. It's sort of bunched in the center so looks a bit ugly so far. Will see what it ends up like i guess.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,774
Just salt and pepper.. Crackling is looking ok. i did a dodgy with the string because i cbf going to but some so i stripped what i needed out of the netting. It's sort of bunched in the center so looks a bit ugly so far. Will see what it ends up like i guess.
You should push a knife down through the centre one time and then push in some garlic and relishes. It will make a huge difference to what it tastes like. I even push cheese down into them. :unsure: ;)

Foo

Reactions: Softy

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
19,812 Posts
Over cooked it a little bit. To busy trying to get the crackle right. Lesson learnt... Don't reckon it has as much flavour compared to cooking one in the oven

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,776
Over cooked it a little bit. To busy trying to get the crackle right. Lesson learnt... Don't reckon it has as much flavour compared to cooking one in the oven

The crackling looks okay. I listened to a comparison between a "normal" oven and one of these and the consensus was that there was no difference in flavor, just the size. They reckoned that for one or two people, they were good value.

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,777

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,078 Posts
Tonight's dinner is an Aldi Big Blokes Meal. 8 mins in microwave and done.
dinner.jpg

Reactions: rgren2

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
14,821 Posts
Looks alright.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,078 Posts
Looks alright.
Yeah they are ok for $6 but Woolies do them as well better range and $8. I buy up on Woolies ones when they are on special for $6.

Reactions: rgren2
9761 - 9780 of 9819 Posts