Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
11081 - 11100 of 11111 Posts

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,081 ·
Aldi had lamb shanks in the meat section, so I grabbed two packets, especially seeing as the price has dropped a bit. They will be going into the slow cooker shortly. 🤤

Foo

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,442 Posts
Aldi had lamb shanks in the meat section, so I grabbed two packets, especially seeing as the price has dropped a bit. They will be going into the slow cooker shortly. 🤤

Foo
Lamb shanks or any "lamb" from the big supermarket is definitely hogget merino.
Was speaking to a butcher from a local IGA the other day, he mentioned that he is a box opener and fridge shelf stacker. He showed me cuts on his hands and told me i wish they were from butchering carcasses but unfortunately they are from opening cardboard boxes lol. Times we live in hey butchers a trade that doesn't exist....

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,083 ·
Lamb shanks or any "lamb" from the big supermarket is definitely hogget merino.
Was speaking to a butcher from a local IGA the other day, he mentioned that he is a box opener and fridge shelf stacker. He showed me cuts on his hands and told me i wish they were from butchering carcasses but unfortunately they are from opening cardboard boxes lol. Times we live in hey butchers a trade that doesn't exist....
Yeah, I haven't been to my butcher since before I got crook and once I did my normal shop I just wanted to get home, so these will do and once done in the slow cooker, it won't matter if they are 1yr or 2yrs old. 😁 These are from Killarney near Warwick so will be tasting goodly anyway. 🤤

Green Font Transparency Plastic wrap Wood

Foo

Reactions: GQ bush man

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
1,442 Posts
Yeah, I haven't been to my butcher since before I got crook and once I did my normal shop I just wanted to get home, so these will do and once done in the slow cooker, it won't matter if they are 1yr or 2yrs old. 😁 These are from Killarney near Warwick so will be tasting goodly anyway. 🤤

Foo
Slow cooker makes anything taste delux🤤

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,085 ·
Slow cooker makes anything taste delux🤤
I may need to rethink that place where I thought it was from, the spelling is different. :unsure:

Foo

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
NP300
16,107 Posts
These are from Killarney near Warwick so will be tasting goodly anyway. 🤤

Foo
How do you figure that?

Do you know that Aldi buys its lamb from Thomas Foods International, which does not have a farm near Warwick.

The lamb more than likely came from SA, where Thomas Foods International does have a processing plant.

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,089 ·
How do you figure that?

Do you know that Aldi buys its lamb from Thomas Foods International, which does not have a farm near Warwick.

The lamb more than likely came from SA, where Thomas Foods International does have a processing plant.
See my post down further where I said different spelling. 😁

Foo

Reactions: DB-101

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,090 ·
Holy crap, corn in the airfryer. :eek: 🤤

Foo

• Wow
Reactions: Softy

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,091 ·
It's the closest taste to corn done in a camp oven that I've come across. 🤤

Foo

Reactions: Softy and rgren2

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,340 Posts
Fresh or frozen corn?

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,093 ·
Reactions: rgren2

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,340 Posts
Lotsa fresh stuff here. 🤔

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,340 Posts
Had some really nice butcher made chicken sausages, put a bit of banana sauce on them, whoops wrong bottle, it was the very hot chilli one. I’m now perspiring profusely. 👹🥵 Still damn nice though.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,340 Posts
Banana sauce? WTF.
An Asian sauce, doesn’t taste like bananas, I usually use it on lasagna. Trust me, it’s very nice, just have to make sure it’s not the hot chilli one, unless you like the chilli.

Reactions: Foo and Softy

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11,100 ·
Reactions: 62woollybugger
11081 - 11100 of 11111 Posts