Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from Iceland. New pics 6 february 2012 44" tryed on :)

Hi guys. My name is Gisli and I´m from iceland. I just got my first patrol few days ago. The car is originaly with 4,2TDI engine but previous owner used that engine in another patrol. So this has a 2.8TD now with 3" exhaust. It´s lifted 2" on the body an 2 or 3" on the springs. I have 5.42 diff ratio and 38"x15.5-15" tires. Rims are 15x13. I got a big intercooler with it but havent mount it yet. °I´m looking forward to play in the snow this winter :p But Next winter I wil put 41" or 44" tires under hte car. Both car and engine are driven similar km. the car is driven 208000 the engine was restored in 190000 so it´s in good condition :) I wil tell you guys more later. But I´m gonna let some pics do the talk now ;) Hope you like the Icelandic monster :)

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Welcome, great setup for your part of the world. Can you please post up some pics in the future once your truck is finish showing the great terrain in your area.

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) I wil post as much as I can. I had an Suzuki sidekick on 33" tires before this one. And I had lot of fun last winter. And Took lot of pics :) I have to find some pics of some of the Icelandic trucks. The glacier is wery popular in winter time. The biggest trucks here in Iceland are running on 54" tire and unimog axels. They are very big and make my patrol just look like a small car

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
940 Posts
Hi Gisli
Congratulations on your purchase, say and buy these tires at 38 inches by 16 you can, as well as large Lockers
We in Russia are also a lot of snow and we like patrols with wide tires and big Fender Arctic Trucks

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thank you. Do you have artic truks dealer in russia?? I know the have dealer in Norway. But the trucks in Norway are not as big there as in Iceland. Here in Iceland are most og the suv owners making their own build on the suv´s so it´s only few Icelanders who actualy goes to artic trucks to get their suv build up. My patrol was build up by a company named Bílabúð Benna. They are one of those dealers who specializes in this build. We also try to have our trucks as low as we can to keep the weight as close to the ground as we can. So we are cutting fenders and also moving axels to get longer distance between the wheels. But we mostly move the axels on short cars. And for for example 38x15,5-15 we use rim size from 15x13 to 15x16 mostly 15x14. That because we are letting the air out to get more float in the snow. when we are driving on the glacier we are often driving with 0.5psi up to 3 psi.

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
here is some pics from a glacier trip. This is from a 4x4 forum here in Iceland.

Hvítasunna 2008

·
Registered
nissan
206 Posts
Good lord, those are some big tyres on that thing. Makes it look like a monster.

I'm heading to Iceland for a holiday soon (january), I have a fascination for all things Norse and I can't wait to see the country. Something about 4x4'ing across volcanos makes me all fluttery inside. I'd love to check out the 4x4 scene in Iceland, must be completely different to what we have here.

Hope it's nice and cold for me when I'm there!

Cheers,
Mick

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
great pics, great truck and great video thanks. how is the weather now in Iceland I would say if its anything like Scotland was two weeks ago is its farking cold.

·
Registered
nissan
502 Posts
Nice, Quick question how come all the trucks build up ice on the back of the car? is it because of the draft suction or somthing.

i woulod love to drive around in snow like that looks like so much fun.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y-61
940 Posts
Hi Gisli
Russia has no dealers, may over time become available, we will wait:(
I want to show you what I myself put the heating fuel, now I have a very warm fuel enters the pump and the fuel tank is heated
This device heats the fuel through the engine coolant

Attachments

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
Nice, Quick question how come all the trucks build up ice on the back of the car?
The same reason why we get dust on back doors over here.

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Mick. You shluld have lot of fun here in Iceland in january. But don´t count on lot of snow. The weather has been warm the last years. But you can buy al kind of Glaciertrips here in iceland.
yea draft suction is making that. We are also driving up to 100kmh on the ice to get the trucks to float on top og the snow. That explains why the snow gets on stuck on the rear end :) I have to find some more pics for you guys to show you.

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some more pics :)

Should have space for 46" lol

Low rider oooh yeah :)

I promised some snow pics so here are two ;)

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Fantastic pics Jeepson! :victory:

·
Registered
nissan
181 Posts
Welcome

Welcome along i'm a newb on here too except from Ireland, nice truck looks great in the snow :)

Enjoy the GQ and Patrol 4X4.com, their very helpful and friendly on here :)

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Welcome along i'm a newb on here too except from Ireland, nice truck looks great in the snow :)

Enjoy the GQ and Patrol 4X4.com, their very helpful and friendly on here :)
Yeah i noticed that everyone is nice and helpfull. Wich makes this forum a good forum :) If been here on this forum for around 6 months. I know I promised you guys more snow pics. But I only have those pics :( didn´t have so much time as I wanted to play in the snow. Thanks Grafe :) The car is stop right now because of the rear driveshaft :/ But I´m going to buy new parts next week. And I wil take the plates of in august and the car won´t be used until january. But in august I will start to fix a few things on the car. So I will keep you guys more updated with pics when all this will start ;)

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you guys have any heavy duty altenators for patrols in Australia? I was also thinking. What how big is an standart altenator in 2,8 patrol?

·
Registered
nissan
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Latest ideas fro my patrol. I´ve been thinking about engine convertion. What engine do recomend? Cummins 5,9 is my idea. What do you guys think?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts