Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm based on the Gold Coast and was sent here via reddit :) I feel like a bit of a spud at the moment because I just spent $35k on 2004 GU3 Patrol (DI). It's got 77k on the clock, looks in real good condition and has a service history which is what attracted me to the car. But I've since learnt all about the ZD30. Hindsight is 20x20 :) It's not modified at all but I'm going to go through a lot of the major/relevant threads here and start protecting the engine as best I can.

I'm not really mechanically minded, but I can watch youtube videos, so I'll probably have some silly questions along the way! Just wanted to say hi anyways.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,079 Posts
Hey all, I'm based on the Gold Coast and was sent here via reddit :) I feel like a bit of a spud at the moment because I just spent $35k on 2004 GU3 Patrol (DI). It's got 77k on the clock, looks in real good condition and has a service history which is what attracted me to the car. But I've since learnt all about the ZD30. Hindsight is 20x20 :) It's not modified at all but I'm going to go through a lot of the major/relevant threads here and start protecting the engine as best I can.

I'm not really mechanically minded, but I can watch youtube videos, so I'll probably have some silly questions along the way! Just wanted to say hi anyways.
Welcome to our forum. Most of what you would have heard would be BS, according to Fakebook types all ZD30,'s blowup, nothing could be further from the truth and the reasons some did can be complicated. Read some of the links in my signature. Mine grenaded in 2006, the classic grenade, after being meticulously serviced, after a lot of research and investigation I found the reason.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
20,152 Posts
welcome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts