Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today my 2001 gu has developed a clicking noise. I traced the sound and found that it was coming from the diesel pump behind the right hand mud flap. Dose anyone know what could be wrong?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
We need a lot more info on what you drive, not sure what your diesel pump is doing behind your RH mudflap?

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We need a lot more info on what you drive, not sure what your diesel pump is doing behind your RH mudflap?
Its at 2001 gu patrol wagon 3L turbo with a 05 mottor, and not %100 sure its the diesel pumb but both me and my dad had no idea what els it may be. Maybe its the sub tank pump?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
pics? the sub tank transfer pump from memory is up next to the sub tank so mid rear door driver side. Are you saying theres a lift pump installed behind your front RH splash shield in the wheel arch?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
Muz is right the transfer pump is basically under the back of the drivers seat so no where, now what you will find is the transfer pump runs for 5 seconds as a self test every time you start your vehicle, so you could possibly be hearing this.

As Muz says pics or even better a video with sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts