Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GR 2.8l
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm William from Italy. My dad has a Nissan Patrol GR Td, but now we are looking for a Patrol Super Safari 4.8L. If my dad bought this car he would like to instal an LPG system (LPG tank under the car), but he also would like to use the 4x4 offroading without caring.

My answer are:

1)where i can put the LPG tank under the car without removing the original gasoline tanks so that we can go off road (rocky terrain) without troubles?

2)Could you post some pictures of your LPG system,especially the LPG tank?

3)Which LPG system is better?

Thank you, this forum is fantastic!!! Patrol 4ever!!!

William

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GR 2.8l
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Please I need feedback quickly, because where i live there aren't many 4.8 like where you live. I found only one and i don't want to lose it, but i don't want to buy the wrong car too. Thank you

·
Registered
757 Posts
you should go and speak to the LPG installers in your area as there might be different laws over there which may restrict were the LPG tank can be fitted.
Normally here in oz the tank is fitted to the rear of the Patrol behind the rear diff.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GR 2.8l
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you should go and speak to the LPG installers in your area as there might be different laws over there which may restrict were the LPG tank can be fitted.
Normally here in oz the tank is fitted to the rear of the Patrol behind the rear diff.
I went to an LPG installer (who usually install LPG on big American cars) here in Bergamo and he said me that i can't touch the petrol tanks. The next time i will ask him if it is possible to remove the main tank and make the auxialry the main tank. Otherwise i must find a way to put the LPG tank under the car without removing any petrol tank, but i think it is impossible.

·
Registered
nissan
339 Posts
The LPG tank replaces the original main tank under the vehicle. With a 2 inch lift or higher you should have no problems off road. That is the way they do it here in Australia. I do not think there are many other choices.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It may not be the answer you are looking for but cant it go behind the rear seat thus saving original fuel tanks?
I am sure I have seen that done.
truck

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GR 2.8l
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it possible to put the LPG tank in the place of the auxiliary tank? Is there enough space?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Is it possible to put the LPG tank in the place of the auxiliary tank? Is there enough space?
with the tanks available in Australia, I don't think that is possible. If it was possible, it would only be about 25 litres of gas, which is of little practical use in such a vehicle.

You can buy a 75/80 litre aftermarket petrol tank to replace the factory subtank and there is room for a 110 litre gas tank in place of the existing main petrol tank (88 litre useable). As has been said, this will hang down to near diff level with factory suspension but a few inches of lift improves the clearance to OK levels for most purposes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts