Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im broken down on the F3 and it went a little something like this....

fill up with fuel (vortex diesel) at morriset servo....

Take off and notice the ol girl miss a beat....

not long after and another and another untill she stoped beating at all:(

pull over, try to start her, turns over nice but not firing?

sounds like fuel to me so i get out and give the lift pump ( the primer on the fuel filter) a push to see if there is pressure... no there isnt.

I give it a few pushes and try to start but no go.... i brushed trying anything else ...

Waiting for the towey to take me to gosford.... what an abortion this one is turning out to be...

please if anyone can help im in that sitch no one wants to be in, just advice i mean, any ideas what this might be, excuse me for not searching first...emergency!!

anyone know anywhere good in gosford ?

much appreciated .

Walksy:D:D:D:( :ranting:

·
Registered
nissan patrol
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sounded like..... per ......per......per,perper,......per per....ppppppppppppperper per. come on has anyone come across this?

help a bruva out.

cry.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I always had trouble with Vortex.. It would be a pig to start.

Try 20mls of petrol in the intercooler. That will get things firing.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
If all was good before the fill and now all is chit after the fill, the fill would more than likely be the issue. Try a fuel sample to see what kind I'd diesel you were sold. Have heard of and story's from service stations on hwys.
Goodluck.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:It turns out i was trying 60 L of petrol in the diesel tank.

oh well, look on the bright side, i know what it feels like to run petty in a diesel....

and i will prob need that new injector pump and injectors in the near future:D

this is probably the biggest abortion i have had in recent times and im feeling pretty stoked with my efforts...

lesson learned.... really im not as dumb as i make out.... am i? gees i hope not.. im putting it down to fatigue... 2am been driving for 10 hours... excusess excusess

:oops: pretty embarresing but hey i see it as an expensive learnig curve that is bringing me closer to the dream rig ....... once the 2.8 is completly fuket. amen. case closed.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spot on smoky, i am just sure it was the diesel bowser, i even rember pushing down the safety to get the bastard out of the holster.... i reckon some smart bugga changed em round for a bit of a laugh.... it was black and orange bowser and everything.. anyway im over it now. nothing a few beers wont sort out... brused ego non the less. thanks for trying to help it is appreciated.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
depression now kicking in.

no drain plugs in fuel tanks...........disaster 500 smako's later

could always be worse. time to **** myself to sleep....... disaster monsterbat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts