Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

my handrake is not working to its full potential.
i have pulled it out, adjusted it 3 times and degreased it and put it back on and degreased it and hose it out and still wont hold the car on a hill:confused::confused::confused::confused: please help

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
by pulled it out and adjusted it do you mean the leaver or the actual brake? how are the pads?

·
Registered
nissan
11,124 Posts
Either shoes or drum could be worn out. I'm assuming you washed the drum out and are you adjusting it at the wheel or only via the cable in the cab.
Mine holds on the side of even the steepest tracks with ease.

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
I thought you were talking about your missus, lol

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
handbrake

i have adjusted it via drum scroll.
mine used to hold on the steepest crest possible but it suddenly stopped.
pads are all good, drum is good [doesnt need machining]
so i should be adjusting via cab or what??

cheers:cool:

·
Registered
nissan
11,124 Posts
is the cable tight? it should be taking up the slack but nothing more. cable could have stretched as well causing it not to hold very well.
how many clicks does it come up. if its any more than like 7 try tightening the cable a bit. if that makes no difference. id say your up for a new cable.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok cheers i just went out to my truck it comes up 7 click but 6would be the average pull but 7 was the last click
cheers
Blake

·
Registered
nissan
11,124 Posts
yeah try adjusting that up a bit and see what happens as the ratchet that holds it on is on the handbrake handle and if the cable isnt pulling enough then your handbrake will never work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts