Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey crazy dudes

I do my oil every 5k and a look over the engine revealed a oily wet area on the left hand side (opposite side of turbo) of the engine, above the front drive shaft. See pics which are different angles, same area.

I have only had the car for a year.

UPDATE: I have since degreased the engine and the oil has not returned. Im glad its not a leak.

·
Registered
nissan
18 Posts
Mate u need to degrease the area take it for a quick drive so that u only just get to operating temp and have another look but i would check that hose.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
Where does that hose run to mate?

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
Looks like it running from the transmission could be a oil cooler line?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,158 Posts
Mate u need to degrease the area take it for a quick drive so that u only just get to operating temp and have another look but i would check that hose.
Agree with ABJ, clean it off then recheck, a very small amount of oil makes a very big mess, hose looks sus but could be anywhere.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have degreased it and waiting to dry. The L shape on the hose is at the bottom of the engine so Im guessing the leak comes from above.

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
The dipstick pipe running into the sump was leaking on my 02 GU III, couldn't find any O-rings inside once removed so had to gack it up with some gasket maker. All sealed but worried the problem will occur again. **** set up. Underneath my block looked similar to yours dan-O, what was the problem in the end?

·
Registered
NISSAN
495 Posts
I have degreased it and waiting to dry. The L shape on the hose is at the bottom of the engine so Im guessing the leak comes from above.
Dan,
That hose connects... up back behind the Head. Just check to see if the oil is running along it from above where the head and the block meet. You should be able to run your hand in behind it to confirm this.

That aside I would also check just above the Injector pump and see if you have oil there next to the timming sandwitch plate ( common Nissan headache area), as the oil will run back towards the rear of the motor and along the side and will show about where your oil return pipe located ( the picture in your thread)
Hope this helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts