Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following pics are of a vehicle that was involved in a collision on Scottsdale Dr. Varsity Lakes last Friday. It ran a red light and T-boned my sister's car and took off. The pics are from traffic cams and are pretty poor. The car has front end damage.

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Automotive parking light

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,667 Posts
Hope sister is OK, sad about quality of the traffic cam pics, I would have thought they would give much better quality, do you know anyone who could possibly clean them up?

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,492 Posts
Not good mate..Hope she is ok and the mongrel gets what they deserve .

Reactions: Neardood1

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sister has relatively minor injuries consisting of lots of bruising and three cracks in her pelvis according to the xrays. The pelvis isn't broken though and she is hobbling about with the aid of a wheelie walker. The curtain airbag prevented what would have almost certainly been a severe head injury. Her husband, who was also in the car only has bruising. The accident was about 10:30 at night and I think the cameras don't work well after dark. There were some plastic bits from a TJM bar left at the scene along with a clear cover for 220mm spot light.

It looks to be a white three door SUV with a sunroof and single rear door.

Sister's car is stuffed.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Purple Blue Electric blue Technology Tints and shades

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,627 Posts
Those airbags more than likely saved her life, hope she has a speedy recovery.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,627 Posts
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

Older two door Prado.

Reactions: dkril and Overboard

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
49,667 Posts
SWB, RH offset rear spare makes it either a Prado or a GQ. If you're saying single rear door, then Prado. Pajero spare is centred on the rear door..
Yes, my thoughts as well, narrows it down.

@Overboard that is a substantial hit, she is lucky.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After looking at a bunch of pics online I'm thinking its a late 1990s NL 3 door Pajero. They have an offset spare wheel and single back window and the side window is smaller than the driver's window like the car in the pic. You can also get a body kit for them to suit wide wheels and I think the car in the pic may have a body kit. It would all be a lot easier with better pics.

·
Registered
nissan
5,156 Posts
Any chance there’s a business or shop along the route the vehicle took that might have security cam footage?

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,650 Posts
Sorry to hear about your sister OB.

Did 90’s Pajero also have Non functioning rear quarter panel tail lights. Cause they are clearly no working in that pic even though they are there.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,758 Posts
Yep MQTray you’re on the money about the lights.

I had an SWB NH once upon a year and my first thought at that pic was SWB NL, shape of rear, front wheel arches etc.

There can’t be too many white SWB NLs around surely the police are interested enough to narrow that down?

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
690 Posts
Would be worthwhile looking on gumtree or the like as from a past experience we had the owner of the vehicle advertised it for sale shortly after the hit and run, thats how we caught up with him. Hope your sister makes a speedy recovery, its ashame people dont own there mistakes.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,627 Posts
Facebook buy and sell is used frequently too.

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any chance there’s a business or shop along the route the vehicle took that might have security cam footage?
Police are currently investigating that.
I had an SWB NH once upon a year and my first thought at that pic was SWB NL, shape of rear, front wheel arches etc.
Both my BIL and I came to the same conclusion independently it was a 90s Pajero and to have a former owner confirm that is good.
There can’t be too many white SWB NLs around surely the police are interested enough to narrow that down?
The cops are definitely interested and supplied the pics I've shown above to my BIL. I agree it is an uncommon car and should be easy to track down, particularly since they have some of number plate digits. When my BIL spoke to the cops the following day they expected the car would either be stolen and torched by now or possibly not stolen at the time but declared stolen an hour later and still torched. It seems to be a common strategy for drink drivers these days, particularly for repeat offenders. Drive off from the accident, phone Crimestoppers to say the car had been stolen in the last 24hrs and then torch the car. The following day they front up at a police station to file a report then include the report number on their insurance claim. There is very little the cops or the insurance company can do unless some good quality pics are available that show who was actually driving.

·
Registered
1988 Maverick TD42,
233 Posts
Deff an early SWB NL, very few cars out there with off centre spare and bumper mounted park lights. As Leethal suggested, that's a rare car....

·
Registered
2003 3.0 GR - Grey
39 Posts
Sorry to hear this.

I grew up with and still own a LJ70 (Prado/ 70 series) and straight away identified it as that. The 70 series did come in white as an option from the factory and with a sunroof. As others have already said. Split 30/70 rear doors with spare mounted to the right.

If you do manage to get a picture of the front, round headlights are a LJ70 (first iteration), rectangle ones are a LJ71.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I grew up with and still own a LJ70 (Prado/ 70 series) and straight away identified it as that.
Thanks for your thoughts. I first thought it was a 70 series 3 door Prado but the length of the rear side window on a Prado is quite a bit longer than the driver's window but the car in the pics I posted seems to have a longer driver's window than the window behind it as seen in the pic above by rgren. All the pics I could find of the Prado also had a black vent below the side rear window that doesn't appear in the pics above. Admittedly the quality of the pics is horrible but the cops have three digits from the number plate because part of a broken perspex number plate protector was found at the scene and the digits could be made out on the perspex along with the word Queensland. Those digits combined with all the likely white three door 4x4s registered in Queensland can't result in too many cars. In fact I'd almost bet my lefty that there is only one car in the area that fits the complete description.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts