Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Compare these pics
Those Prado side windows have a kick up at the rear that is not seen on the pics above. The early Pajero has a similar door handle & number plate mount on the rear door. Both look like the car in the pics.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sort of looks like it has a evo Paj style body kit.

But it looks to long for a shorty Paj.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Found some different pics of Pajero to compare.
1st shows the side profile. Maybe the culprit vehicle does look similar.
2nd shows the side steps and flared guards of the no Paj.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Any luck with the cops tracking it down?
The last info I had from my BIL was yesterday and at that stage the police said "the offending vehicle had not been located.". I'm guessing that means it has been identified but they haven't yet found the car. I know from past experience that the cops won't give you the identity of the other car owner/driver until they have laid charges, or the other party agree to be identified.

Sister and BIL are doing well and expected to make a full recovery. Sister still can't walk far without the hip giving her grief but hydrotherapy and physio are helping

·
Registered
1988 Maverick TD42,
228 Posts
Hope they track them down, this sort of thing boils my blood. Sorry you and yours have to live with the damage.

Most don't understand how non life-threatening injuries still change your life forever. Soft tissue damage often causes longer term pain than broken bones. Hope the physio ends with a good result.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The cops have not been proactive at all but my BIL was able to track the car by an old for sale post on the internet that was made 5 years ago. It was for a white SWB NK Pajero. The rego number was different but he plugged the rego number from the ad into the Qld transport web site and it showed a change of rego number to one currently registered in Qld with a number that matches the three digits they were able to get from a witness. The transport web site gives good info on the car but doesn't give the identity of the owner other than their suburb which is just 20km from the crash site. Disapointingly it seems the cops aren't interested in doing anything about it since they can't prove who was driving the vehicle. I guess it might be different if there was a death involved.

My sister and BIL aren't too woried about it and were only trying to avoid their insurance excess by identifying the driver. Sister still has a sore pelvis and BIL still has a sore shoulder but both are improving and a full recovery is expected for both.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts