Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first time using any forum and I was hoping if I could get any advice from people who have personally LS swapped their car. As of right now, I am stuck between a 6.0 and a 6.2, my main goal is to have an extremely reliable, daily driven engine that can go around town and travels without having any problems. On top of that, one of the most important things is fuel mileage (sick and tired of the thirsty 4.8 v6), which engine gives me better fuel mileage? and what is the average l/100km? and finally, I am looking for around 300-350Kw stock form. If I can't have the best of all world then I'll just stick with fuel mileage and reliability. I would also like to know the exact name of the engine (like l94, LQ4, L98 Etc...) and also if it's an iron or aluminum block

Any reply would be appreciated cheers.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,094 Posts
I'd go L98.

6ltr displacement
Easy to find
NO D.O.D.
Aluminium block
I believe the heads support good power better than LS2 spec with a tune.
I have one in a Commodore and economy is not it's strong point.
I dodnt see the advantage over 4,8

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd go L98.

6ltr displacement
Easy to find
NO D.O.D.
Aluminium block
I believe the heads support good power better than LS2 spec with a tune.
I have one in a Commodore and economy is not it's strong point.
I dodnt see the advantage over 4,8
Will there by any issues if it’s automatic?

·
Registered
nissan
970 Posts
No V8 Patrol is likely to have good fuel economy nor is any conversion likely to be ultra reliable. Only the LS3 makes 300+kw in stock form, the L98 is 270. Assuming your 4.8 is in good shape then a turbo kit is probably a better option. Certainly cheaper in the long run. The Nissan auto is unlikely to work properly with an LS, better to use a GM auto.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,094 Posts
Will there by any issues if it’s automatic?
Sorry I haven't done the conversion.
I reckon it could get expensive fast with the 5 speed auto. It's been done with the 4 speed I know that much but a lot of guys either use the GM tranny or manual convert.

Most guys here convert to either replace a failed or underpowered diesel. I certainly would prefer to keep a working 4.8 and throw on a turbo.

In fact I envy you, when I bought my Patrol I could only get the 3.0 diesel which I would have chosen the 48 over.

·
Registered
nissan
229 Posts
What do you consider to be acceptable fuel consumption? If you are not prepared for 20L+ per 100 km then this conversion may not be right for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The LS will use just as much if not more than your 4.8. Yes your cuz's hsv gets way better fuel economy than your 4.8 patrol and is way faster etc but its not a 3T aerodynamic brick.

Turboing you 4.8bwill net good results in the power department (you will be trans limited nit engine) and have similar fuel useage

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts