Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this comes down to personal opinion but your opinion is worth a million! I am looking at a immaculate inside and out 05 GU IV with 129000 km original engine,no engine mods, no lift, dual batteries, e locker, drives beautifully It's been to the mechanic today for a check and passed nearly everything with a few minor issues to report... It has towed a camper trailer to Uluru and Lakefeild NP without any dramas apparently.... Would you buy it?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
You missed the 2 main things.
What engine and how much?

If its a 3lt and $60k...
or a 4.2 and $5k

Changes things alot

Reactions: Squalo

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry 3ltr $19 500

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Sounds alright I'd look at it if I was in the market. There was a gu4 3di with 220 thou ks down the street here last month for 22 grand stock as a rock.

When you say minor issues are we talking a blown blinker bulb and a shopping trolley dent?

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah minor scratches, adjustment needed on the front wheel bearing and a few scuff marks inside.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Nice, Yes well my opinion is a very clean well looked after late model Di would look nice in my driveway and I'd be very happy if that helps you.

I see them now and then in my travels and think of what may have been....Hmmm enter scratch head emoticon here--->

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,274 Posts
Mate, I'd buy a clean 2005 with a good genuine service history tomorrow if I needed one, you should be able to knock him down a bit.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
It sounds quite reasonable to me. Is the dash bubbled? and if so can you live with that, as it's probably not a cheap exercise to fix.

Have you had a look at the basic stuff yourself (check radiator and oil cap to ensure no oil/water mixing is going on, that sort of stuff) or do you trust the mechanic 100%?

Be careful and don't let your heart rule your head, it's easy to fall in love with a vehicle and overlook real problems. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,072 Posts
.. adjustment needed on the front wheel bearing ..
This is normally what people say when they are selling a Patrol that has a bad case of the front wheel wobbles and they have tried everything to fix it and failed. If it suffers from the dreaded Patrol head shake at about 90kph I would be wary of taking on someone else's problems.

Other than that the price sounds OK for the age.

Cheers,

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The dash has been replaced so no issues there Squalo, the mechanic i have used my for my navara for the last 8 years and is a patrol owner so he is full of handy info! I took it on the highway during the test drive Overboard and no signs of wheel wobbles but fingers crossed. I wish i could scrape up the coin but getting authorisation for this from the minister has taken some convincing!!

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,226 Posts
I'd get a late model DI before a CRD, cheaper to buy, cheaper to run and more reliable.

Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,274 Posts
I'd get a late model DI before a CRD, cheaper to buy, cheaper to run and more reliable.
X eleventy billion, to coin an old phrase. I'd be into a 2005 - 2006 without question.

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
auto

1 - 18 of 18 Posts