Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My has had to replace his front diff due to it being bent so at the moment we are trying to put the new hub seals in but we are having dramas with the scraper seal which won't sit on hub when we tighten down the metal guards and compress the scraper down the lip which should sit on the hub lifts exposing the main seal. So if we leave if like that it wont be doing its job of scraping the dirt off it will just let it into the main seal.

So is there any tricks to fitting the scraper seal or anyone else had this drama if so how did u fix it. It a gq tb42e if that make a difference.

Cheers
Matt

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The diagram doesn't really show what I am talking about. It's called a scraper seal it goes between 40578 and 40579..

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
40579 is a 3 piece seal and there is nothing that goes between those 2

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
yeah its 40579 nissan genuine is a 1 piece modled unit that has the scraper and the seal on it
when u get an after market kit u get a scrapper and a main seal seperate

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,606 Posts
Haynes / Gregory manuel have a diagram of how it goes together. I just did mine and was scratching my head for a bit cause I didn't pay attention

The metal ring sits in the knuckle housing. Then the bigger rubber ring resesses into the metal rin and knuckle then the thin rubber ring sits into that.

I'll try get a diagram for you but before you put it on fit the dong to the knuckle
Then the rubber seal so u can figure out which way the face

Hope that helps....

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
This might sound like a dumb question but, have you got the scraper on the wrong side? From memory they have a lip that does to the outside(???)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will try and get some photos up of how it's sitting to show wat I mean.

Heyhey I think its on the right way. When I put photos maybe u can tell.

Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts