Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have locked my keys in my gq wagon and tried coat hanger but through the top of the window. Any other ideas.
Spare key is in the ash tray on my ute key ring... I know stupid mistake. Any suggestions would be muchly apreciated!

·
Registered
nissan
131 Posts
what about plastic strapping slipped in behind the door around the locking knob?

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
If there's a simple way to get in, this might not be the best place to be describing it. GQs are stolen pretty regularly.

Reactions: Beerhunter

·
Registered
Nissan
157 Posts
My old gq was the easiest car to brake in to. Kid u not in within 10-30 secs every time. I locked it once. Mrs was good at locking keys in it though. Won't post how to though for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
Nissan/GU
1,083 Posts
Had a friend lock her keys in her car, well her dog jumped on the lock button while the keys were in the ignition and engine running :) Haha all I could do was laugh, as she rang me to find out why the car locked itself. Anyway she simply called a locksmith, he got in no dramas, when she asked him how much he said its free?? she thought he was joking but apparently if there is a kid or animal trapped in the vehicle it is free...... good to know I guess. Not that the dog had any issues, the heater was on.

·
Registered
Nissan Safari
1,804 Posts
I often find another gq key will open it but rarely start it. Except my old pig back in nz, any gq key would open it and start it.

·
Registered
nissan
232 Posts
The smash a window method of obtaining entry has it's drawbacks as I'll explain........About 40 yrs ago a girlfriend and myself were engaged in a night of passion in my car at the back of La Trobe university. We had arranged to meet there on a cold winters night so her car was parked next to mine,when our tryst was over she realised that it was early morning and she was working the next day so she put her clothes on and got into her car, I foolishly got out to kiss her goodnight and the car door slammed shut behind me locking me out. I was stark naked and the temperature was very low, all I could think of was break the vent window to get entry, my mistake was to break the drivers door vent window so for the next few weeks I had slivers of glass in my bum to remind me of my night of passion!

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Sounds better than my experience. Was at the servo getting smokes and whilst getting back into my car to drive off a few eggs hit the windscreen. I jumped out of the car to hand back some punishment only to have the door lock behind me with the engine running and in gear. Managed to smash through a fence on the other side of the servo whilst 30-40 kids laughed at my predicament. I proceeded to hand them some justice via my fists then had to deal with the car and fence. Luckily it was a company car.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts