Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forum Members,

We have a 2005 Patrol with aftermarket speed control, the stalk on the control is loose and I want to remove the cowl and retighten, there are 3 screws under the steering cowl that I can find. Is that all there is to it or is there more to removing the cowl.

Thanks in advance
Ian & Estelle.

·
Registered
Nissan
201 Posts
According to my Gregory's service manual (no pictures or I'd post them up)

Chapter 10-12 Section 17.
3. Remove the upper and lower steering column cover as follows:
a. Using finger pressure or a small flat bladed screwdriver, carefully prise the plastic ring from around the ignition barrel.
b. Lower the steering column to its lowest position and leave the tilt level in the unlocked position.
c. Remove the retaining screws from the lower steering column cover, separate and withdraw the covers.

Hope that helps,

Brett

·
Registered
Nissan
22 Posts
Follow the above instructions VERY carefully!!
Specifically about removing the plastic ring without any excessive force!
The antenna for the transponder is found below this ring, if you pull too hard it will explode in a fury of fine copper wire coils & it will cost you great amounts of frustration & about $500!!
I found out the hard way!
Good luck mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
According to my Gregory's service manual (no pictures or I'd post them up)

Chapter 10-12 Section 17.
3. Remove the upper and lower steering column cover as follows:
a. Using finger pressure or a small flat bladed screwdriver, carefully prise the plastic ring from around the ignition barrel.
b. Lower the steering column to its lowest position and leave the tilt level in the unlocked position.
c. Remove the retaining screws from the lower steering column cover, separate and withdraw the covers.

Hope that helps,

Brett
Many thanks Brett, that was so very helpful, especially knowing what the plastic casing is called! Cheers to you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts