Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
nissan
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I'm about to fit a new garrett to my TD42 and I could do with some help finding out some threads and sizes ect so I can order some speedflow gear.

First one is the water lines I'm trying to find what size this banjo bolt is on the themostat housing. uploadfromtaptalk1410065838792.jpg second one is the water feed on the block, anyone have an idea what thread that one is?

Last one is this fitting on the oil cooler so I can fit an oil accumulator. uploadfromtaptalk1410066342404.jpg

If anyone could help out that would be great, just to avoid pulling the car to pieces then have to wait for the parts.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The water fitting on the thermostat housing is M16x1.5
The water fitting in the block is M12x1.5
The oil feed in the block is M10x1.5 on the turbo side of the motor. Usual point for oil supply to turbo.
Not sure what you're asking for on the filter side. Maybe sender unit?

·
nissan
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that mate! On the oil cooler I was looking at the bung with the alan key head. Right down the bottom.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Just check an exploded diagram as it maybe a bypass or relief valve but maybe not. Never checked these. You also need oil into the cooler and oil return. There is already an internal cooler behind the filter cover.

·
nissan
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I looked it up in my service manual and it shows the hex head bung above it as a bypass/relief valve but didn't say anything about the bung I'm looking at. The oil accumulator only needs a pressure feed so I'll just have to take it out and have a look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts