Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found I have a bolt missing on my Td42T. The bolt in question is the lower bolt in the bracket holding the fuel pump. It is the last bolt that needs undoing to rotate the pump. And looks like a real bastard to get at. I am not even sure I am looking at the right hole... there is a tagged nut on one side of the bracket.

I believe it is a 14mm head (from another post). I am not a gynecologist so not looking forward trying to get a thread-gauge into the hole.

Is there a parts list or something i can consult? Standard bolt sizes?

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Is this bolt under injector pump but above vac pump?
or the one on back of injector pump with bracket to engine mount

·
Registered
nissan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this bolt under injector pump but above vac pump?
or the one on back of injector pump with bracket to engine mount
I think my engine has a slightly different configuration... my vac pump is on the back of the alternator.

This bracket consists of a plate bolted to the the pump with two smaller bolts. And then there is a bracket coming off the block.

To see it you look through the engine mount... really not looking forward to getting at.

·
Registered
nissan
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That bolts a ***** to get back on just leave it off its fine.
I am very tempted... but already had the thing come loose once... and some of the roads here shake the fillings out your teeth. I would prefer everything to be all tight.

I am thinking there must be some stanadisation on bolts. If someone could tell me another bolt that is the same? I may have to start removing all the 14mm head bolts to see if any fit:headwall:

·
Registered
nissan
2,588 Posts
a 14m head will be a m8 everything in these are metric

·
Registered
nissan gq
2,179 Posts
I found I have a bolt missing on my Td42T. The bolt in question is the lower bolt in the bracket holding the fuel pump. It is the last bolt that needs undoing to rotate the pump. And looks like a real bastard to get at. I am not even sure I am looking at the right hole... there is a tagged nut on one side of the bracket.

I believe it is a 14mm head (from another post). I am not a gynecologist so not looking forward trying to get a thread-gauge into the hole.

Is there a parts list or something i can consult? Standard bolt sizes?
Gynecologists in RSA use thread-gauges ? Is that to check which way she was screwed ;)

is this bolt going into the timing case,at the bottom of the pump ? if so mine have a stud

and nut,8mm dia,thread in the casing is most likely 1.25 pitch,plenty of bolts on the

engine you can borrow to try,softly softly finger tight,

Is the pump rotary or inline ?

Cheers,G.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts