Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just gathering bits for the turbo i'm going to put on the old gq but need some help with:

should i replace the exhaust manifold studs? If so gq ones or do i need turbo gu ones?
Same with the exhaust manifold gasket.
What do people use to weld/solder the fitting to the sump? Silver solder?
Should i get the radiator flushed and new thermostat or am i wasting my time and should i get a new radiator? ( just a gu turbo so not massive power)

Thanks Rob

·
Registered
nissan
347 Posts
Expensive metal bits!

yeah mate , I did new longer ,gu td42t manifold studs , the old ones will prob snap if you try leaning on them , and yes turbo gaskets are diff too , either patrol apart , autolec or maybe nizzbits have them. Be warned not cheap, but you only do it once right?

Cant help you with the sump , mines high mount so just drains thru vac pump return, and radiator depends on age , me personally if it was anything over 2-3 years old would just shove another in. Piece of mind , job done , adds reliabilty.
This is my link to my turbo install , a real true cost of one , that I posted cause I didnt believe anyone had done a warts and all cost breakdown.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/niss...-maverick-11/real-cost-gq-turbo-fitup-214202/

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
I have just received quite a large shipment from partsouq. It's sad when something can be bought shipped to us cheaper than we can get it here even with the exchange rate currently. My order arrived in 6 days.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
378 Posts
yeah especially when Nissan wanted $3something per stud and $6 for a nut.... crazy

Partsouq is awesome but not everything is that cheap (especially when heavy). Wonder how much a new 11mm GU pump is?

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
About $4500 for a new pump last time I asked, and that was a few years ago.

The studs are available aftermarket at most local exhaust shops. I normally do them for about $3.50 per stud and nut.

If you want wurth copper coated lock nuts the price is $6ea (stud and nut)

Pays to go and see your local guys rather than just shopping online sometimes.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Thats ridiculous for a pump i bought a brand new 1HD-FTE pump from a mate at Toyota for $2500 and they are far more complex. around $5k RRP

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
About $4500 for a new pump last time I asked, and that was a few years ago.

The studs are available aftermarket at most local exhaust shops. I normally do them for about $3.50 per stud and nut.

If you want wurth copper coated lock nuts the price is $6ea (stud and nut)

Pays to go and see your local guys rather than just shopping online sometimes.

It's still cheaper to get them from partsouq. They are $2.22 aud so even with delivery it's still cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts