Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there.... relatively new to the forum.... I own/operate a business in Chinderah on the Tweed Coast called ON-ROAD Performance & Mechanical.

I am lookign for any help regarding the length on rear arms both upper and lower for a GU wagon with a 7inch lift.I am cutting and sleeving them with DOM steel tube. HE wants the 37inch tires/wheels to be in the centre of the arch at ride height or close to it.... it will be getting extended bump stops and trimming guards etc to limit the up-flex/guard issues.

so what i'm asking for is does anyone have measurements of their upper and lower arms with a 7inch lift and pics of it side on for me to see where the wheel sits????

any help is greatly appreciated as it is the first time i have made arm's to suit a factory suspension based setup as we normally do custom coil conversions, spring overs, diff conversion etc. thanks

Michael
ON-ROAD Performance & Mechanical
1/27 Morton Street Chinderah
NSW 2487

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.... Yes uppers will be fixed for now as I have the bits still waitin to come back from machining for the adjustable weld on fittings and threaded section.

So far after reading a fair few different info and forums etc. I think i will go with +20mm on the lowers and +20 on the uppers to start with to get the car sitting back on all 4's his thing is going to be huge

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
If you are going +20mm lowers, then leave the uppers at stock length. If you don't, the lift will rotate the axle housing causing shocks to bash against coil on drivers side which is being bent like a banana.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Be aware that you will have to notch both front and rear cross members to give the tailshaft proper clearance. This is after you have turned the rear tailshaft 180 degrees so the thin section of the tailshaft is above the cross member.

Shane

·
Registered
nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah thanks for the info... decided after making up the lowers today that the stock uppers will work fine pinion angle is looking fairly good aswell.... also i turned the tailshaft today and marked out ready to notch the crossmembers front and rear on monday... thanks for the help I may be sending him your way to as he did not get a complete lift kit from wherever he sourced it and need's brake lines and bias bracket to suit. will give you a call on monday most likey.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts