Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone can help about a month ago my alternator regulator shat it self and fried some important things like the ECU, instrument cluster, and the alternator along with heaps of other small things like every globe, central locking ect ect.....list goes on
I had the ECU sent away and repaired got a new alt and cluster and fixed every thing that i could find

Now the problem is when switched to petrol it wont rev past 2000rpm anything above that it bounces of a rev limiter BUT when switched to gas it runs perfect revs fine
So what am i missing?? if it was the air flow meter or the o2 sensor or the throttle position sensor im guessing the gas wouldn't be running so why only on petrol am i having problems??

Please any ideas because im all out

Cheers Darren

·
Registered
nissan
1,335 Posts
Maybe worth taking to a good auto elec and getting them to run some tests, has to be electrical.

Just thought I'd bump this back up for you.

Cheers

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
lpg is not metered by air flow etc so it is a poss that its stuffed id be checking for fault codes etc first

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Thats the next step to get it put on a scan tool for fault codes so ive booked it in to the local ARB but there busy and i wont get it in until the end of next week
But in the mean time ive ordered myself the ECUTalk cable and software which will give me the fault codes Only because i like to do things myself and what better way to learn your patrol inside and out hey

·
Registered
451 Posts
My two bob's worth would be on replacing fuel filter .

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lpg is not metered by air flow etc so it is a poss that its stuffed id be checking for fault codes etc first
BAM Right on the Money. Got my ECUTalk cable today and got a "Code 12: Mass Air Flow Sen (0 starts)" try to clear it and just keeps coming back.
The MAF gauge reads 0.1 volts all the time
So looks like im in the market for a new one

Cheers

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I love it when a plan comes together..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts