Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a terrible headache with the ZD30 because I went to a mechanic and told me that the injectors were "damaged" and need to replace it. I went to a Diesel Lab and told me that on low pressure they are fine but on high pressure they don't work well. Are this injectors repairable? they told me that the top part of the injector is what really do the high pressure.

·
Registered
757 Posts
maybe get in contact with a couple of injector places and ask what they think. I know i had the injectors on my 2.8 overhauled as as far as i iknow pretty much all injectors are repairable

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
common rail injectors or the older ones?

the older ZD30 injectors are dual stage injectors. i understand they need a special rig to test them?? that could be what they mean by being good on low pressure and not good on high.
afaik they are not repairable, just replace them.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 3ltr
80 Posts
i have a 2000 zd30 and i replaced my injectors. i was told they just get replaced the are not repairable

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
980 Posts
I'm pretty sure that injectors work at one pressure, High. There is a spring inside the injector that sets the pressure(and shims). Either the spring tension is too low or the injector seat is not sealing properly, dribbling or the spray pattern is wrong
http://hiflo.com.au/index.cfm

I'm assuming it's a DI

1 - 6 of 6 Posts