Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Got a rack with my car. Full cafe four legs and a single support piece linking all legs. The tie down system involves a square u bolt 75 wide 6mm diameter and 50deep.
Cannot find anywhere and it's giving me the ****s.

Two options, find the bloody u bolts or cut legs off and mount onto three rhino bars.

Questions?
Can someone find the bolts?
Anyone know if you can use gq rhino legs on a gu?

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
So what your asking is if someone knows where you could by the U-bolts and if GQ rhino racks fit GUs too.

Cannot help you with the U-bolts but have you tried your local auto parts shop (eg. Autobarn, Bursons, Supercheap Auto)?

Yes GQ roof racks should fit GUs as they have the same guttering system.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried all local auto shops, the size is just wrong for everything they have on shelf.

I was told gq had different legs?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
GQ and GU different gutter widths.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,212 Posts
GQ and GU different gutter widths.
But don't they have the same mounting system, therefore as long as the width is adjustable then they can be mounted?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I assumed it would be ok as long as they are adjustable,

Anyone else know if they are inter changeable?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
587 Posts
Tried all local auto shops, the size is just wrong for everything they have on shelf.

I was told gq had different legs?
Any local industrial supply shop will stock these, or will definatly be able to source some for you, Coventry fasteners/Thomas warburton etc.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
53 Posts
One option is to buy some M6 Stainless Allthread and bend it to shape in a vice. I did this for my roof bar system and it worked a treat.
Cheers
Kyle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts