Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the decision was made and bought my First Patrol... 2005 GU IV 3lt TD wagon. Spent 2hrs at the mechanic discussing the Nads mods and if i should do it all at once or step by step. After reading NADS. So you bought a ZD30 DI, here's the "NADS" installation steps and logic I am wondering if there is an advantage/disadvantage to doing all those mods at the same time and if it will save me $$$$ this way. Have most of you done it step by step or all at once?
I am not the most confident home mechanic in the world so i am looking at paying for it to be done. So far the list is a Beaudesert 2 3/4 exhaust, new intercooler from ARE, MAF sensor, EGR blocked off Boost and pyro gauge... mechanic doesn't seem to think a catch can and dawes and needle valve in necessary?? Costing me a grand total of $3300, does that sound right and fair??
:confused:

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
Well parts could total just over $2K. Then add labour at $80-100/hr. Might be about right.

I would certainly fit a catch can, dawes and needle valve, but if your mechanic says not to, he obviously knows nothing about it and I wouldn't trust him installing it.

·
Registered
Nissan
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No itemized quote yet but the exhaust and intercooler alone come to $1850... Averaging the rest it comes to about $2400 in parts alone as heyhey said. In regards to the Dawes and needle valve,I am not to sure which way to go... Everyone on this here has had it done and for good reason... he has had a 3lt patrol for years towing a 18ft boat around town and never had an issue. He recommends not totally blocking of the EGT... Leaving a small hole, would this be his reasoning for not needing a Dawes. There is a thousand post on it and the more I read the more I get confused

·
Registered
nissan
32 Posts
Following the guide from .. so you bought a z30 post .. i costed up thru ebay and web sites that Nads would cost max $900 for the parts thats not skimping on quality on guages/components ... i over bugeted to account for little forgotten extras like tube clamps etc .... i however didnt include the exaust prep for the egt probe .....

i was supposed to just buy a 2005 ish 3ltr ...... but this morning i put a deposit on a very tidy 2007crd ... stil intend on fitting some of the nads components .... like catchcan and guages

regards
Marv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts