Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
334 Posts
i thought someone had recorded me getting the paper on sunday mornings but i then realized
this bloke has talent and i dont.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Sorry to say, but in several aspects Ken Block doesnt impress me.

If you ever watch the WRC, he impresses as a brash stupid cap and sunglasses wearing yank in the midst of a lot of talented europeans who see him as somewhat of a freakshow.

It seems he has got to where he is because he has some talent, sure. But with mega buck sponsors like Monster and DC shoes and a couple of million americans pushing his barrow for him it was going to happen anyway.

In all of his vids he makes errors where plenty or good drivers wouldnt (ie smacking the tail end into the concrete safety barrier in the first minute or 2- watch the in cab footage where it grabs the wheel out of his hands). And FFS, its like he has to bounce the thing off the rev limiter for 5 seconds before he finally realises he needs to change gear.

Put any of the top 10 euro WRC drivers in the same car and track, i guarantee they would be smoother and quicker, and still look good doing it.

Like a lot of US spam, its all about smoke and noise. Woo hoo.......*yawn*

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
i agree with richo. ken block is just a dude who can powerslide and has lots of sponsors.

he's actually a terrible racing driver and even a precision driver at that. all he is in driving for is the show - lights, noise, smoke etc.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mostly I agree

I agree that it is all smoke and B.S. but at the same time I would love to have the keys ( I know there weren't any ) to that thing. Just imagine 0 - 100km/h in 1.9 seconds.

I did notice him hit the back end at the start as well.

I came from a rallying background as a teen ( Holden Gemini ) and just sit in awe of the modern cars.

Anyway if you didn't like it 'Sorry for wasting your time'.

Cheers Gordo'

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yeah, definitely Gordo, coming from years of circuit cars, club sprints, datto 1600's, RX3's, GTR XU1 and a WRX I'd have a drive for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts