Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 gu patrol ute and the rear wheels hit the chassis. But is the rear solid diff smaller than the front one?

·
Registered
Nissan
193 Posts
G'day yeah the diffs on a GU ute are different wheel track widths, not good. Same with landcruiser. Can be corrected with ofsets but then you cant revolve wheels with 2 different ofsets. I went neg 33 all round when I bought 6 wheels for my 2004 ute

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thats what was thinking, thanks for confirming it. You wouldn't know if u could swop the hole assembly for a wider diff of like a wagon or coil ute?

·
Registered
Nissan
193 Posts
I don't know but I know our diffs can be widened, I've seen a GQ that's had the rear track widened to match front, I asked main reason he did it and answer was for stability on fast corrugated dirt.

I hate this issue that the diffs don't track as it sends you sideways when you hit a clay patch you loose the rear. Another mod for the list of work needing to be addressed on my truck and I can live with it for now

·
Registered
Nissan
193 Posts
Thats what was thinking, thanks for confirming it. You wouldn't know if u could swop the hole assembly for a wider diff of like a wagon or coil ute?
I recalled there is already info in the knowlege base on this so did a search and will read a few of them this arvo to see if our issue is covered, heres the link of search results and you can read through, just search whatever you like in the top search bar...

·
Registered
Nissan
193 Posts
Theres a ton of posts about diff centre swaps but hard finding anything about wheel track correction. Somebody explained this to me 3 years ago about whetehr the 4.5 petrol diffs and wagons etc but my memory has failed me, I think theres a catch but uisn't there always... Will keep looking

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I know, just can't seam to find right sort of post haha. When is there never a catch. Oh sweet thank you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts