Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I recently purchased an 89 model Safari to replace my old Patrol/Maverick which was nothing but trouble for me haha. I should have got a Diesel from the start.

I picked this new beast up for a very good price but she is a little rough around the edges.

Work to be done includes a respray, a further 2 inch lift, and just some tidying up all around within the interior. Finding parts for these brown interiors is pretty hard.

Anyways, I'll try and update the pics as I work on the car, enjoy.

The pictures show the car when I got it, compared to my original Patrol, switching of a few items and chucking some flares on it. More to come. Cheers guys.

Attachments

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Looks good. Now to start spending money. ;)

Reactions: cpanameno

·
Registered
nissan safari
21 Posts
because we have lots of safari's in new zealand or should i say GQ heaven. with brown or grey interiors would not be too hard to send parts over to OZ.

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hmmm, Sounds like a good idea. Do you know of where i could source some NZ parts? Gumtree perhaps? Any links would be appreciated.

Thanks Coxsy, but I have the pooh brown interior. I'm thinking of chucking just any colour bits and then giving it a lick of paint. We'll see. And the winch is still the PTO, I've never owned a winch like this but i tell ya, it's bloody fantastic!

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Little bit of an update guys. I spent a couple of days fitting my rock sliders under the side steps which I think looks pretty good and tidy, not to mention a little safer for my kids. (i always worried they would slip through the gap and hurt themselves). I also spent all day saturday switching the 2' suspension from my old to the new :) Pretty happy with it so far, looks much better and tougher with the lift. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
mines PTO too ,after countless busted share pins , it got bolts in it now,
happy to winch and know it will not fail in mid pull,if it stalls you will need to drop down to a two to one pull with a pulley block,
I added a idiot note to the dash board " check pto out of gear"

·
Registered
nissan safari
21 Posts
the wagon looks good matee i have a lwb high roof too i love it. hay if you have a look on trademe you will find plenty of parts

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still cannot believe how many Safari's there are in NZ! I wonder how much it costs to ship over to Western Aus?

·
Registered
nissan
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well here's a little update. She's looking a little more tidy now. Got a new set of doors to get rid of all the dents. Now she needs a little bit of chopping to stop the rust. Soon I'll get started on the interior and the engine.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts