Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i am making a new bar for my gu patrol and just wanted see if anyone has made one before and if you have modified the front of the chasis rails where the crumple zone is. when i made the first bar it looked bulkier than alot of after market bars that i have seen and afer looking at heaps of photos from links ect., some that are posted on the site, i have noticed that they sit heaps flater and higher and in a couple of pics i have seen where the chasis rails taper to a point at the front, they have been cut back.

just wanted to ask if anyone has done this before and your thoughts on legalities for street use as the bar bolts directly to the chasis and does not touch the crumple zone what so ever. it's a 99 model gu coil cab and has no air bags.

thanks

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
GU chassis tapers to a point, GQ is squared off and open.

If you copy as closely as possible a 'name' brand bars mounting set-up, you'll be on the right track.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Now a Category 2 cyclone, heading west/southwest. They slow down when they make landfall so hopefully it won't get any worse. Keep an ear on the radio if you are in the area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts