Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've mounted the TYT TH8900, I wanted to have it using the remote head but there was nowhere easy to do that unless I sat it on top of the dash , didn't want to do that. This seemed to work great though. For now waiting on fuse box and antenna before I finalise the install. Pictured with gear stick in 3rd, plenty of room to change gears and no hand bumping radio same with 4X4 stick, but cant use ash tray no worries don't smoke, 12v socket is still accessable and all heater/fan etc, so quite happy with that thought it would not be so easy. Keen to get it all finished and tidy. Need a mic hook for the s/h UHF on the right, found them on the auto barn site so will grab one in store soon. Not too impressed with the TYT hook but does the trick

View attachment 533505

View attachment 533506
the tyt doesnt do ssb on hf to mu knowledge . i think the fm portion of the 10m band its its forte and could be fun at times . Are you happy with its performnce ? what are your audio reports like ?

·
Registered
Nissan
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
the tyt doesnt do ssb on hf to mu knowledge . i think the fm portion of the 10m band its its forte and could be fun at times . Are you happy with its performance ? what are your audio reports like ?
I'm not yet HAM licensed so I cant TX on HAM bands, and as it is I'm still waiting for the antenna. I will take it to a mate who is licensed after install is complete and see what contacts we can make then with him testing it for me?

I'm waiting for my local radio club to get back to me to confirm the short course with assessment etc. So far the whole licensing thing feels like a bit of a cluster F as far as organisation goes but who am I to complain !

So cant say much more till then as far as performance goes.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts