Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
am pretty sure that anyone doing this will get nailed by the plods anyway as they'll come under the reqs about looking like a first responder and not being one etc....

forget the actual details, but red/blue lights on the front is a no no - as opposed to red coloured IR lenses and filters which can also only be used off road anyway.

if anyone can reference the specifics re the above it might be useful info to share anyway

(better off stating facts than promoting an urban myth or getting the details completely arse up!)
https://www.sa.gov.au/topics/transp...nd-modifications/lighting-and-instrumentation

For SA anyway.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Reactions: gf0012-aust

·
Y61=WIN
nissan
3,003 Posts
Its illegal to retrofit these devices irrespective of how often ya might get caught / might not het caught and insurance companies buying the parts and so on. I think the rules should be changed to allow for certification of done right setups like ***** but the fact remains the law is clear. Having an engineering signatory approve it does not trump federal laws with FORS and Dept Infrastructure.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,893 Posts
Most aftermarket parts aren't legal but I think if they made some legal and others not it would open a huge grey area. As much as it affects me I do totally understand why the laws are the way they are.

The ADRs are confusing enough as it is. hahaha

·
Registered
nissan
212 Posts
mine will be roadworthied in the next month or so, we'll see if the mechanic even notices they aren't stock (i have the DIY bolt in kit). like most, been pulled over many a time, driven past hundreds of mermaids and never been asked about the lights. on long trips i stay on the 2 way and will ask a truck if the lights are blinding and i always get a "NO, They're fine."

·
Registered
nissan
2,202 Posts
Anyone had any dramas adjust8ng the headlights? Had mine roughly dialled in on the driveway but as I’m heading off across the country this weekend I went to get them both lined up right but it all went pear shaped with the passenger side one. I had it a touch high so adjusted it down but went too far so just went to adjust it back up a tiny bit and that was it, the plastic adjustment bolt then moved forward so it was inside the light almost and now it won’t adjust up and the light is pretty much pointing at the ground 🙄😖 Was too dark and too hot to keep at it tonight but thought I’d see if anyone else has had similar or knows how to remedy the problem, it seems like it’s being pulled inside the housing somehow.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts