Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share an HID projector retrofit done by a friend to my GU headlights.

He used a FX-R projector with Philips 81522+ 4300K bulbs and Matsu****a ballasts

Visit Home - HIDRetrofit.Net for some of his other projects. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
nissan
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Low beam output:

High beam output:

Love the clear horizontal demarcation of the light output to prevent glare to oncoming traffic while at lowbeam

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Not wanting to chit on your DIY thread but here is a word of caution. I am not sure about where you live but here HID kits are not legal unless the housing and reflectors, the lenses, the wiring is all changed and they are properly set-up. From the looks of your pics, you got the right kit so you won't be blinding anyone if they are aimed correctly. There are way to many idiots where I live installing HIDs into a halogen housing, reflector and lens set-up that end up blinding other drivers. Here you can buy HID kits pretty much anywhere and the only caution is in small print for people to check their local laws. In addition, while HIDs appear to help you see better, they actually have some disadvantages even in vehicles which are designed with them. Take a read of this article: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Where are you, ive been wanting info on this for ages, this is the 1st time ive seen it done

Id love to know more info

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
From the looks of your pics, you got the right kit so you won't be blinding anyone if they are aimed correctly.
Yep projectors have a flat metal plate that cuts off the light to reduce glare, so don't have the same problems as HID globes in halogen reflectors. I did a halogen upgrade rather than HID for this reason.

Looks fantastic! I'm doing this to a motorcycle headlight at the moment (single reflector being replaced by dual projectors), hope I can get it to look as professional.

·
Registered
nissan
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys. I'm based in the Philippines, thus the LHD Patrol. My friends name is Gary Quizon and if you visit Home - HIDRetrofit.Net, there you would find all his previous projects. My Patrol is the first in the Philippines to have this HID retrofit setup. He is based in Manila, the capital of the Philippines. I am based in Bacolod City, which is located in a province about an hour's plane ride from Manila. Yes, we are an archipelago of 7,107 islands so driving around would necessitate traversing interisland waters via RO-RO (roll-on/roll-off) ferries. My profession as an orthopaedic surgeon prevents me from doing this trips often, thus I had to ship both headlamp assemblys to him. It took him about a weeks time to retrofit everything and send it back to me. An OEM-spec wiring harness is included so everything is pretty much plug and play when you get it back.

If you guys are interested, send an email to him directly at [email protected]

I'm pretty sure you guys can send over your headlights to Manila and he would do the conversion and send it back. I believe he had a previous customer before who was from Malaysia.

This guy definitely has attention to detail. If you read the FAQ, he even uses OEM sealant to seal back the headlights and not just plain silicone as what some budget retrofitters use.

The conversion cost me around P29,000 or about A$660 using todays currency conversion (thanks to my iphone converter app).

·
Registered
nissan
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By the way, don't worry guys if Australia is RHD. He has projectors for RHD use also.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Very very very impressive!

I bet JET-6 your mind is in overdrive now figuring out how to add this to your list of products?

Cheers

Justin

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Justin, ive been toying with the idea for ages, just cant find a old set of damaged light to setup the 1st trial in

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not wanting to chit on your DIY thread but here is a word of caution. I am not sure about where you live but here HID kits are not legal unless the housing and reflectors, the lenses, the wiring is all changed and they are properly set-up. From the looks of your pics, you got the right kit so you won't be blinding anyone if they are aimed correctly. There are way to many idiots where I live installing HIDs into a halogen housing, reflector and lens set-up that end up blinding other drivers. Here you can buy HID kits pretty much anywhere and the only caution is in small print for people to check their local laws. In addition, while HIDs appear to help you see better, they actually have some disadvantages even in vehicles which are designed with them. Take a read of this article: Daniel Stern Lighting Consultancy and Supply

Absolutely, here in OZ they need self levelling and headlamps cleaners. Leveling helps withthe oncoming traffic & the cleaners are for light refraction.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts