Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just spent the last five days camped at Talbotville. For those planning on venturing into these parts over Christmas new year, take note of the following:

We cleared a heap of trees blocking tracks in the area including Collingwood Spur, Bulltown, Crooked River Track, South Bassalt Knob. The north section of Crooked River Track from Talbotville to the bottom of Bulltown Spur is also impassable due to a river crossing being washed away.

Access from Talbotville to Kingswell Bridge is restricted as the river crossing on Crooked River Track at the bottom of Collingwood Spur is fast flowing and running at about 2 metres deep as is the crossing at the bottom of Randalls Spur on Crooked River Track.

The weather from Wednesday to Friday was superb, and given the river conditions we spent a lot of time at camp which made a pleasant change.

There was more heavy rain today and the forecast for the area is for snow down to 1200 metres tonight. It felt like a winters day in Dargo this morning!

·
Registered
nissan
714 Posts
Thanks for the heads up mate,

I was thinking of heading up to the High Country this week for a couple of days.

However it seems that with the weather we've been having, the majority of the High Country is out for those that want a happy stroll around the place.

Thanks for the report.

TF

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,220 Posts
Damn, looks like I might have to put a hold on the Boxing Day-New Years plans.

·
Banned
nissan patrol
78 Posts
Hope its a bit better by boxing day, heading up there for a couple of weeks I guess I've got plenty of time for recovery if we get stuck. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts