Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Just thought a few of you might like to see what the track up to blue Rag looks like at the moment. Me and a few mates spent a week traveling the high country over Australia Day and this is a video of us heading up Blue Rag.
I will post a few other vids as I get around to it.
There was a lot of tracks closed and we lost a day back tracking as we headed from Myrtleford to Mount Hotham.

YouTube - Blue Rag Tack

I hope you all enjoy my 3 year old son in the background.

·
Registered
195 Posts
nice video, im heading up to the high country this weekend... with all this rain :) wont be hitting blue rag though, we are staying at sheepyard flat and visiting huts in the area

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
nice video, im heading up to the high country this weekend... with all this rain :) wont be hitting blue rag though, we are staying at sheepyard flat and visiting huts in the area
Be interested to see how you go with track conditions.

Lookin to run a noob trip for the club, following this basically, except from Kings heading out Cobbler, since you cant get past Kings - through to Pineapple Flat etc
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/464104-post8.html

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
The last bit is a doosey huh. i had to psych myself up for that bit..

Also, the hole at 3:26 - i didnt see it until it was too late and i kind of went through it.. that was a doosey too.

Beautiful view from the top, you Victorians are spoilt with some of the best countryside in Australia, and free camping to boot! Loved our tour through there. Did you goto billy goat too?

Great vid, thanks for sharing it, looks like a gopro?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Itwas a bit hairy heading up to Blue Rag that morning.
We had set off from camp under the cloud and visibility got down to about 5 metres.
YouTube - A cloudy run along the high country
I have got more footage of us going down Billy Goats in the rain. Not much fun in an auto petrol that had almost no engine braking. The brakes got a good work out and I think I went through about half a set of pads.
All the footage I have taken was done done on an iphone4 that I held onto the GPS holder with the misses hair bands and wedged to the CB to help stop vibrations. Reckon it works better than some of my mates camcorders.
Will keep you all posted when I get more footage ready.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Total_Filth said:
Do you have to join the club to be a part of this trip truckster ? haha
We allow prospective members to tag along and check out our trips before we expect them to hand over cash. Just go to a meeting and discuss it with the trip co-ordinator.
We now have 11 Patrol4x4's in our club :)

·
Registered
nissan gu
84 Posts
Vic High Country

Great track, great scenery,will put it on the to do list when we're down that way, possibly next year.
Be no doubt it's been said a lot of times before, but what is killing all the trees?
So sad to see so many dead.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great track, great scenery,will put it on the to do list when we're down that way, possibly next year.
Be no doubt it's been said a lot of times before, but what is killing all the trees?
So sad to see so many dead.
Alpine ash die in a fire.... 2006ish?? Give it a few years and they will return.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Travntor great video, but it would be a good idea to train your Tor to stay in his seat belt, especially when 4wding. I did the blue rag the weekend before you with 3 boys 6 10 and 11 and they have to stay in there belts the youngest in a booster. It's just a good practice.
Syd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts