Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2003 gu
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought some prospective buyers may like to actually see what Jet's lights can do. I have a '03 GU which has the headlights converted to Jet's H3 4300 55w kit + some standard Lightforce XGT's + one of Jet's 22" "combo" (roof mounted) LED Lightbar's. Here's what the on-coming driver sees at the distances of 150m & 450m. Note that the second set of photos (@ 450m) is NOT on the same horizontal plane as the first four (ie. I took these on a hill which is 35m higher than the car!) Halfway up to 450m I stopped & looked at all 3 sets turned on, tried to take a photo directly straight in line in front of the car. It wouldn't come out just light everywhere! It was really quite distressing looking at it from directly in line, head on 250m away! Seriously you can't see a thing except this small planet/sun heading towards you! If I was actually on a level road in front of it I think I'd be blind! It's a good reminder for me to keep the lightbar off unless I'm in deserted country territory. I was actualy thinking about getting a 42" one to mount underneath the 22" (& I've even wired the roof up to take it already!) but seeing these tonight has just blown me away & given me 2nd thoughts. I think the next upgrade will be to install HID kits into the XGT's.

Low Beam @ 150m

High Beam @ 150m

High Beam + Lightforce XGT's @ 150m

High Beam + Lightforce XGT's + Lightbar @ 150m Take another look at the one above & look at the road crevices & compare the photos - you can see that a lot more of them are lit up with the Lightbar on. It's very very good for illuminating the next 200m in front of you & the "combo" also sprays light all over the place within say a 50m circular arch in front of you.

Low Beam @ 450m
High Beam @ 450m

High Beam + Lightforce XGT's @ 450m

High Beam + Lightforce XGT's + Lightbar @ 450m

These LED Lightbars are also made like tanks! All metal (no plastic) & they weigh a ton! The only critisism I have would be the small size of the mounting bolts (they have 10mm nuts) - they could be a little sturdier in bolt thickness. Other than that they really are very very good for the cheaper prices Jet charges. "It's the waiting that's the hard part" but I understand that's how we get good prices through jet (by filling an order) & no I'm NOT related to him! Hahaaaa!

I can tell you that when you're sitting behind the wheel with all three on it's like bloody daylight! The photos don't really capture the extreme pressure of the lights - even though it's blooooooooooody bright! I don't really know if a bigger lightbar would improve it that much but I do think an HID kit for the Lightforce XGT's would. Save $'s! There's another order coming you're way soon Jet!

In closing I think that the lightbar is a wonderful tool to illuminate EVERYTHING in front of you for the immediate 200-300m. I also think that for "straight ahead beam pressure - to punch a huge 1km hole in the dark" then the Lightforce (with HID) is the way to go. The combo of all three is outstanding now but I do think it would be even better with 55w HID Lightforces!

PS: To say "I'm amazed!" would be an understatment - just get some!

PPS: Thank you to my missus for indulging me, driving the Patrol & flicking the switches on command! I did get a few - "hurry up you Wan!ker!" Comments! It must be love!

PPPS: See how it's installed here: http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/thumpainc-lighting-solutions-48/high-power-led-light-bars-2nd-order-69646/index7.html

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
Sweet thanks for that mate already have a 32" one waiting to go on when I get home next cant wait however I have a feeling I am going to have to make a bracket to install mine as it definitely wont fit in the same gap you have yours in.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2003 gu
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
aussie Tim; if you need to make a bracket to seat them on get some 25-35mm pipe & cut it to length. It will be a giggly nightmare to get the first one into position (do the middle one first loosely then try & line it up, then tighten loosley so it can still move a little then do the other two on the ends) The problem you're going to have (using 25mm-35mm pipe - galv or something) is that you have this tiny 5mm bolt that you'll have to try & centre. Anyway it's not insurmountable. Can anyone think of a better way without spending $'s on exactly made, precision crafted stuff for 30-75mm spacers with a tiny small 7mm hole in the middle? Maybe Jet should offer varying spacers to go with them as well? Idea's Jet ideas?

·
Registered
nissan
22 Posts
i can say im impressed to just picked mine up and tested them breifly and yeah can wait to surprise some ***** the leaves there hi beam on !!!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2003 gu
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm secretly hoping for that too "Walk" & then I'll give them a blast with the Stebel horns on the way past! Hahaaa!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,891 Posts
Sweet thanks for that mate already have a 32" one waiting to go on when I get home next cant wait however I have a feeling I am going to have to make a bracket to install mine as it definitely wont fit in the same gap you have yours in.

Cheers
I made a bracket for my 42 inch one out of 50mm x 50 mm aluminum angle and sat it under the roof rack. I nut certed it on which made it easy to fit. The bottom pic is with just the light bar on but it's a pretty dodgy picture. They are brilliant for around 300 to 400 metres. The HIDs take over from there.

The high beams look like parkers in this last picture next to the 100 HIDs :p

Cheers Mick.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2003 gu
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks Mick I'd seen your post before. Looks great & yes the headlights do look like parkers! Hahaaa! Interesting idea for the cabling though? It appears to go straight through the roof. Does it? If so I have to ask....why? & then where does it go from there?

I ran mine under the door trim then up inside the B pillar then through it (through a hole I drilled on the outside of the B pillar - fixed with a gromet & silicon) then straight throught the underside of the gutter (more silicon) then to the light along the roof rack. Through the roof? Yes/no?

·
Registered
nissan
22 Posts
just temporary wired them up after after dave from scorpion off road products in albion welded me on a ally plate on the from of the rack there and then and fitted the light !! I pity the first sucker that hi beams me lol

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
aussie Tim; if you need to make a bracket to seat them on get some 25-35mm pipe & cut it to length. It will be a giggly nightmare to get the first one into position (do the middle one first loosely then try & line it up, then tighten loosley so it can still move a little then do the other two on the ends) The problem you're going to have (using 25mm-35mm pipe - galv or something) is that you have this tiny 5mm bolt that you'll have to try & centre. Anyway it's not insurmountable. Can anyone think of a better way without spending $'s on exactly made, precision crafted stuff for 30-75mm spacers with a tiny small 7mm hole in the middle? Maybe Jet should offer varying spacers to go with them as well? Idea's Jet ideas?
Thanks WarioGF

I shall keep it in mind when I go to fit it. Havnt really thought about how to mount other than where I want to mount it.

Does anyone else have a Tracklander roof rack that has a LED lightbar mounted underneath it at the front? Hopefully I can steal some more ideas from others

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,891 Posts
Hey thanks Mick I'd seen your post before. Looks great & yes the headlights do look like parkers! Hahaaa! Interesting idea for the cabling though? It appears to go straight through the roof. Does it? If so I have to ask....why? & then where does it go from there?

I ran mine under the door trim then up inside the B pillar then through it (through a hole I drilled on the outside of the B pillar - fixed with a gromet & silicon) then straight throught the underside of the gutter (more silicon) then to the light along the roof rack. Through the roof? Yes/no?
Yes it does go through the roof. That is a proper water proof plug which is designed for wiring. I did it that way for a couple of reasons. 1 being it's totally water proof and looks neater then having a big bunch of wires running over the gutter, 2 I've got my roof wired up for 4 x 70 watt HIDs plus the light bar so it's not possable at all to run over the gutter that amount of wiring, 3 running wires over the rubber adventually stuffs the rubber and then you get water leaks, 4 there's also the chance of adventally crushing the wires or worst having them ark out. The wires all run down my A piller and then into the engine bay.

Cheers Mick.

·
Registered
nissan
112 Posts
well both light bars are now fitted up and i reckon look good . The amount of light is crazy . they dont miss a thing when lighting up an area .The HIDs willbe used for the black stuff and the bars for those offroad adventures.
The first pic is 55w HIDs only.
The second pic is 22" bar only.
the third pic is Both 52" and 22"

Attachments

·
"NOW TAKING BRIBES"
nissan
5,282 Posts
Guys just a heads up, i am now able to get 3" pipe clamps to mount these to your bullbar tubes!

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2003 gu
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since when can we get 4 rows Jet? Hey I just got back form Cape York & the bar was "invaluable x 4!"

1 - 20 of 37 Posts