Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The slider on the door of my Cub Supamatic finally gave up the ghost and needed replacement. The obvious solution was to call Cub Campers and see if they had any. Yep, they had them in stock......$65ea. WTF?????

$65 for one of these:

So I went to a boat place that does canvas repairs and got one for $2.

There is absolutely no excuse for trying to rip people off like this. They buy these things probably by the thousands at a cent or two each and then have the gall to charge $65 for a replacement.:angryfir:

Cheers

Ray

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ray, that has to be the worst rip iv ever heard. Did you call and rant ?
I'm considering emailing Cub in Sydney, but I doubt that they'd be in the least bit concerned, if that's the sort of price they've set on such a insignificant item.

Cheers

Ray

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I had a similar issue with zip on my trailer the day before our Fraser Island trip... I went and saw Paul at ****atoo Canvas, he fixed it on the spot no charge. Great bloke.

·
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed Cub Campers in Sydney, venting my disgust at the insane price for such a simple item, and received a response. It appears that I was quoted for something completely different for some reason. It appears that my explanation of what I was after simply didn't sink in with whoever was at the other end of the phone. I can't understand how one could misconstrue a zipper with a tent pole.:confused:

Cheers

Ray

·
Banned
616 Posts
ah.
Still pretty hard to misinterpret.

Zip.
Petzel head torch ??
Zip.
Petzel head torch ??
Zip.
Ok we send petzel head torch.
Sank you for come again!

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I emailed Cub Campers in Sydney, venting my disgust at the insane price for such a simple item, and received a response. It appears that I was quoted for something completely different for some reason. It appears that my explanation of what I was after simply didn't sink in with whoever was at the other end of the phone. I can't understand how one could misconstrue a zipper with a tent pole.:confused:

Cheers

Ray
$65.00 for a tent pole is requires you to lube up your anus...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts