Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys does this sound like a duel mas flywheel related problem? When at idle hot or cold my zd30 powered patrol makes vibration like humming noise in the cab and its more noticible with the windows up, also makes the same noise when driving between about 95 and 105 kph. i have been searching about noises that the dmf makes when it is on the way out but im still not sure.

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have listened underneath the cAr and where the belhousing is there is a slight clanging noise so i thing the duel mad flywheel must be on it's way out.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,172 Posts
It could be the DMF from what you have described, but have you checked for any interferance between the fire wall and the engine?

I had a new long motor installed in the past & the lifting bracket on the back of the engine/head was slightly fouling the fire wall and gave the symptoms that you described. Mine is an auto though.

If its the DMF, you should be able to rev the motor & the vibration should go away, a clear indication or DMF failure.

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I rev the motor at idle it goes away, and the vibration is very much the same at around 100kph

·
Registered
2001 TB48 GU Patrol
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have come to the conclusion that it is the dmf, wondering roughly what prices you guys have paid for the single mass conversion? And anywhere good in brisbane to go to?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.