Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering buying a pair of big water tanks for a good price, problem I need to move them to my place about 50kms away.

My old man lives about 10kms from the seller.

Water tanks are 2.4m tall by 3m round, so provided whatever they are loaded onto is less than 1.3m tall Im on a winner with the transport people.

Now I had been thinking of two differnt ways of getting them there:

- hiring flush deck car trailer.

- hiring a flat bed couple of tonne truck

Weight is around 300kgs per tank so only concerned size wise.

Does anyone know who would hire out flush deck car trailers in brisbane??

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
Are you saying they are 3mtrs in diameter? :confused: That would be a trailer of aprox 22' long + drawbar, if taking the two at once. :|

Foo

Registered
nissan
I'd get a man to do it. But I'm just lazy and avoid work out of habit. Maybe worth getting a quote? Could save a lot of time and farting about.

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #4
Yes 3m in diameter, only taking one at a time.

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #5
I'd get a man to do it. But I'm just lazy and avoid work out of habit. Maybe worth getting a quote? Could save a lot of time and farting about.
Dunno mate, the truck option is about $160 for the day though that gives me nil envelope for fck ups making two trips.

Hence hiring the trailer at even $75 a day gives me a bit of breathing room at the same cost.

Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
The width of the trailers may be a problem for you and you need to consider the anchor points with a hire truck.

Foo

Registered
nissan
Is there a tank maker nearby? He'll have the right gear and might have the spare time to do a relocate.

What Have I Done?
nissan
Im considering buying a pair of big water tanks for a good price, problem I need to move them to my place about 50kms away.

My old man lives about 10kms from the seller.

Water tanks are 2.4m tall by 3m round, so provided whatever they are loaded onto is less than 1.3m tall Im on a winner with the transport people.

Now I had been thinking of two differnt ways of getting them there:

- hiring flush deck car trailer.

- hiring a flat bed couple of tonne truck

Weight is around 300kgs per tank so only concerned size wise.

Does anyone know who would hire out flush deck car trailers in brisbane??
If you were in Melb, I'd help ya with me truck fkn !

GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
Dunno mate, the truck option is about $160 for the day though that gives me nil envelope for fck ups making two trips.

Hence hiring the trailer at even $75 a day gives me a bit of breathing room at the same cost.
car trailers hire out from $154 a day from servos
I have a 2m long x 1.8 wide flat deck trailer with 1.6t axle with good tie down points that you could have a loan of

Registered
nissan
I don't know what sort of area your in and the rules down there but that would be classed as oversize unless their laying on their side and you would need a permit flags light etc or it could end up costing a lot more depending on the chances of running into the police or Rta.

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all for your replies and advice. I have decided not to proceed with purchasing these tanks as they are just too damn big to put where I wanted on my place.

And also the owner wanted a hand to move a shed that was in the way, drain them, remove them from behind his shed, 90 degree turn, move 15m across his backyard then another 90 degree turn then 30m to the front of his place. He was planning on winching and snatch strap pulling them out there....... hmmm no fckn way mate.

As for transport I could get a flat bed budget truck for $150 for the day.

So will buy a few smaller poly tanks that will do the job admirably and that two people can move easily. Am going to get 7 x 9k litre poly tanks for $5k delivered.

Permit and flags are not required in qld for a load of less than 4.3m tall or 2.5m wide.

Registered
nissan
Discussion Starter #14
Well sorted benno. Just what I'd do myself. I can't handle 'Dunkirk' situations.
haha thanks mate, Ill have to remember the 'dunkirk' description. That sums it up to a tee!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts