Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

A new project has been found and needs to be brought to the mechanical monastery for some TLC, where can I hire a car trailer in north brisbane (shorncliffe/sandgate side)?

Or if anyone has one they want to loan for a fee or drink...... be much appreciated.

Ben

·
Registered
nissan
10,919 Posts
i dunno about up brisbane way. but down here instant hire or kennards always have em. just dont tell em how much it will weight(assuming its a patrol) as the trailers and only legally allowed to have 2t gross. which means much more than a shopping trolley puts them over.
but yeah try like instand hire, kennards hire or some of the bigger servos.

·
Registered
nissan
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers all,

its a little '55 morris panel van that would weigh about 700kgs with two people in it ;)

Some phone calls to make tomorrow.

·
Registered
nissan
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RDs a little long Im afraid, looking SR20DET or CA18DET. Probably have to put stronger diff in it to cope.

The original 850cc Morris 4 potter is destined for a ride on mower, damn 253 plans now on the back burner, they only put out about 33hp so to rip the 12.5hp victa out will give a serious kick in the pants. I actually I got two of the 850s, both in pieces in the back of the morrie ;)

·
Registered
nissan
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the ideas guys, as it cant be driven on to the box trailer I was thinking it would be a righteous bastard to load onto a Bunnings 8x5, I only have boat trailers so I cant really mod one for a one off car job. I dont have any small proper car ramps, are they a repco style item?

I dont mid paying up to $150 for a days loan just dont want many hastles.

·
Registered
nissan
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the offer Darryl, much appreciated mate, but I wont take you up on it. I am planning to pick it up friday arvo about 1pm to avoid the traffic, Ill put some pics up when the little fella gets home.

U-haul has a car trailer available for me and its only 5 minutes down the road to pick it up.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
nissan
8,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got down to the sero where the U-haul mob has there trailers but you can only book a trailer on the machine with a credit card with a deposit of $150 + rent money. so walked out of there very quickly.

Kennard Hire at Brendale booked me one (1/2 day) over the phone, $150 total deposit from which they take the rent money. So went with them.

Booking a trailer via a box which you feed your lifes details and credit card into hmmm, not my cup o tea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts