Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, just got back from pulling my mk out of a bog. I was snatched right into the side of a gum tree and now I'm in need of a passenger side door and front guard to fit my swb. Any colour will be fine and the closer to ipswich the better so if anyone has one please let me know. It was suck a clean and straight mk to so Im pretty sad bout this. Cheers guys.

·
Registered
nissan
778 Posts
Sorry I can't help with parts but I know someone here can,

shame to hear you bent your truck but look at it this way now it's bent you won't worry about a little bush pinstripping here and there.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
If ya cant get 1 your side of town ,im 1 1/2 hrs from you

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mq mad, once Ive tried all the wreakers around here if I have no luck I'll come and get them. Ive got a stradbroke island trip planned for late feb so will be trying real hard to get it fixed before then. Cheers fellas.

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
try salisbury wreckers they have a couple of mq's wagons an 1 shorty all have all pannels when i was there last

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will the lwb door and guard be the same as swb. you's guys are legends.

·
Registered
nissan
154 Posts
All panels from LWB are interchangable with SWB as are the doors and talegate.
ony diffrence is the doorsills and rear passenger doors and rear side-pannel.

check this site, you can look for original part numbers and cross reference.
If you click the part number you are shown in what other type its also used.
some parts even have an alternative.
I used it many times and is often handy.
click here http://nissan4u.com/parts/patrol_r

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
As above ^^^
Yep front panels and front doors all interchangeable
Can even go GQ doors if thats your fancy

Im curious whats the goin rate wreckers charge
I know for gear from my XC (If i can find wreckers with this old stuff)
They want an arm and a friggin leg for stuff

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well rang the minden wreakers today with no luck but have a guy down at logan with a door and guard for $50 each. Does $350 sound a fair price to paint them both?. A panel beater near my house quoted me this. Sounded a bit steep I reakon but I dont know **** bout this sort of stuff. Shouldnt be long till it looks good again.

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Well rang the minden wreakers today with no luck but have a guy down at logan with a door and guard for $50 each. Does $350 sound a fair price to paint them both?. A panel beater near my house quoted me this. Sounded a bit steep I reakon but I dont know **** bout this sort of stuff. Shouldnt be long till it looks good again.
$50 is a good price if straight and no rust, $350 sounds a lot but I just finished painting mine and it took a good few days to do the guards and doors just in labor. (stripping, straightening, bogging and painting also paint isn't cheap.) If you have all the gear and the time do it yourself else splash out the cash and use the time for other stuff, not including running into trees!

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
$50 is cheap man, even if its damaged abit you should be able to repair it easy.

go for it!

Dw it'll buff out :)

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
350 seems reasonable to me. housemate paid 250 the other day to fix and paint a little dent/scratch in his new defender. i paid like 1200 to have a bonnet and fender color matched on a stupid astra (why did my car have to roll down that hill :()

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had a look at the parts today but there was way too much rust in both the guard and the door so gave it a miss. Rang round to all the wreakers salsbury wanted 220 for the door and 110 for the guard and minden 4x4 say they have one in a holding yard and want 160 for a door and 120 for the guard. Everywhere else has nothing. Too dear I reakon, I wont be paying that much in a hurry.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Got both here as i said and nowhere near a $100 a piece
Mite even do both well under $100

Last door i sold complete needing rust work was for a 6 pack of jimmies

Wreckers are legalised crooks

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Would be great if you were a bit closer mate. Too far for me. Thanks heaps for the offer tho champ.

·
The Prodigal Child Has Returned
nissan
7,286 Posts
standard price from wreckers i got told $220 for a door.

Try chase up a gq door. should be able to put all the 1/4 windows and stuff in the gq door.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
To far for parts !!!
Sheet i travel further to go shopping
Then fuel the GQ
It costs me $60 just in fuel for bloody groceries
LOL

Good parts are getting hard to find
I gotta drive 3 hours one way for good doors for my XC Falcon
Ah well thems the breaks