32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does this do?

Attachments

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
Its supposed to be a dust deflector. It does deflect dust, but it deflects the dust straight onto your bard windows and you can't see out the back quicker with it on than with it off.

I pulled mine off to sell it, accidentally broke it doing so, but it was one of the best modifications I've done ;)

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,727 Posts
Its supposed to be a dust deflector. It does deflect dust, but it deflects the dust straight onto your bard windows and you can't see out the back quicker with it on than with it off.

I pulled mine off to sell it, accidentally broke it doing so, but it was one of the best modifications I've done ;)
Really? I find they work pretty well, especially on wet roads.

It's not a new idea. Our old Valiant wagon had a similar setup, and it worked very well.

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
I found it made stuff all difference with it on or off and actually with it off stopped two distinct lines of dust accumulating on each barn door.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,561 Posts
THEORETICALLY... Without it, as you drive along the void left behind the car creates a low pressure zone, with swirls and sucks air from all around, including under the car, which has lots of dust from the tyres.

A well designed deflector directs clean air coming over the top of the car to increase pressure in the top half of the rear, so it doesn't suck up the dusty air from underneath.

Some work very well... Others not so much. Haven't used one of these on a patrol so can't comment. A mate reckons his aftermarket aluminium one on his 80 series is fantastic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts