Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 5089 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that 1 a while ago the only problem is the AR which is only .57.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Right....

·
Registered
Nissan
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
nissan
140 Posts
For the ones i have seen at work they can be hit and miss if you get a good one. They dont machine a big enough relief for the over size thrust collar. Have also seen a few where the comp wheel threw a blade due to poor casting. if it does that with out an intercooler you will bend vavles i am sure of that. Just remember you get what you pay for. The money you save on a quality turbo you could be spending on fixing your engine.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For the ones i have seen at work they can be hit and miss if you get a good one. They dont machine a big enough relief for the over size thrust collar. Have also seen a few where the comp wheel threw a blade due to poor casting. if it does that with out an intercooler you will bend vavles i am sure of that. Just remember you get what you pay for. The money you save on a quality turbo you could be spending on fixing your engine.

Sure....

But this turbo is not in China... It is in Japan.. Which is why it is not $20

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Yep, that's what I would have thought too :)

:iconbana:
A few would argue that the .64 turbine is too small, I have the .64 rear housing on my garrett. It is great for boosting early and in my opinion good for medium power output. Search for garrett to mitsubishi ar comparison chart you will see that a 9 or 10cm rear housing would be better suited to the 4.2. I know of 1 3.9l 4b1t that had a .57 ar housing and found it was chokeing he ended up going to a .64 and it now works much better.

·
Registered
nissan
2,861 Posts
The .64 garrett housing which is T25-28 based and lets say with the 53.8mm turbine would be different to the mitsubishi 56mm turbine and one would guess a T3 sized .57 housing.
The .64 t25 type housing is about the same as the t3 .48.
Having said that, unless you know the radius of the housing (does the 8cm refer to it) and its nozzel area It is hard to compare the 2.
You would also need to see the turbine flow charts to make a good comparison.
I have never seen a mitsubishi turbine flow chart.
I think there are also a couple of different turbine wheels for the mitsubishi in this size.

·
Registered
nissan
140 Posts
Sure.... well just letting you guys know that this brand of turbo where ever it is made is no where near the quality of a genuine Mitsubishi one. Considered that a genuine Mitsubishi rebuild kit is $300 you can get a complete turbo for 700 overseas. haha sure go for it. like i said hit and miss if you get a good one.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few would argue that the .64 turbine is too small, I have the .64 rear housing on my garrett. It is great for boosting early and in my opinion good for medium power output. Search for garrett to mitsubishi ar comparison chart you will see that a 9 or 10cm rear housing would be better suited to the 4.2. I know of 1 3.9l 4b1t that had a .57 ar housing and found it was chokeing he ended up going to a .64 and it now works much better.

I should have stated that I am not looking to make a million killer wasps.. I want mid range urge, which I would think that the .64 on your Garrett and this turbo would have been perfect for. I do not rev this motor over about 2800... EVER!! I dont need mid to high. I want low to mid

·
Registered
Nissan
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
x2 mate, I've been very interested in this turbo manufacturer for a while now. His gear looks very familiar!

How so?? Do tell.. or PM me if you can't :cheers::toothmis:

1 - 20 of 5089 Posts