Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,632 Posts
Paint watching in preference to watching the buzz box championship, or the supertaxis?
Could always bring back motorbike chariot racing.

That seems way more interesting.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
nissan
13,856 Posts
Is there any hope that the camira may now become a collectors item??

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,632 Posts
My old man had one of those, a JB SL/E with the mighty 1.6.
Truly a marvel of engineering, it was affectionately referred to as 'big cam' no doubt as a result of the whopping 64kw and 12 second 0-100km/h run.

·
Registered
847 Posts
My old man had one of those, a JB SL/E with the mighty 1.6.
Truly a marvel of engineering, it was affectionately referred to as 'big cam' no doubt as a result of the whopping 64kw and 12 second 0-100km/h run.
My nan had one. And hasn’t been a Holden in the family since.
So by that logic. That was the down fall of Holden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
nissan
13,856 Posts
My nan had one. And hasn’t been a Holden in the family since.
So by that logic. That was the down fall of Holden.

Correct turps..
And they carried on their smelly rattling ring tension problems with the vx v8 and the poxy oil burning fuel guzzling 3.5lt v6 that they ran in the Rodaiwoo.

·
Registered
4x4
22 Posts
Agree Frankos. Gave up the trade in the early 90's when I could earn $10 an hour with rego ticket, heavy diesel quals, and 10 years experience running workshops...................or.................. $17.50 an hour to sweep floors/casual laborer.
My 21 year old son is washing cars for a well know body shop in WA. He is getting $1.50 an hour less than me and I’m supposed to be getting paid as a master tech! It’s infuriating and insulting, not for my son but for the motor trade thinking that this is acceptable to pay a guy with these qualifications so low.
I can leave family life and go away for 2 weeks at a time and get paid nearly $15 an hour more but I am not sure it’s the right choice. My wife thinks it will upset family life and I’m getting too old to be still doing this kind of stuff she says 😀 and here is me thinking age was just a number😆!

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,713 Posts
I can’t remember the exact time lines. The slow down of local manufacturing had been happening for a long time. With a long term exit strategy. GM wouldn’t have made a rash decision.
Dunno so much... The way they pulled out of passenger cars to focus on SUV's and LCV's in December and then pull out completely less than two months later makes me think it was a knee-jerk reaction. The writing has been on the wall for a long time, but their execution was pathetic.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,423 Posts
The Yanks are well known for makin decisions without much thought and then go............Chit, that wasn't such a good idea! :unsure: 🤣

Foo

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
HSV must have seen it coming, or fluked the perfect timing to announce they are bringing in the 1500 series trucks. Or quickly finalised their thoughts about bringing in the 1500's.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,998 Posts
Do you mean it's not one already? Wheels Car Of The Year in 1985 or so. I stopped paying attention to their COTY crap after that...

·
Registered
847 Posts
HSV must have seen it coming, or fluked the perfect timing to announce they are bringing in the 1500 series trucks. Or quickly finalised their thoughts about bringing in the 1500's.
I wonder if the gm/chev 1500’s are like the dodge. As don’t the dodge 1500 & 2500 share the same cab? Not sure if it’s standard. But I am sure the Laramie is the same in 1500 and 2500.

As they have already done and engineered 90% of the conversion if they do.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Not sure about either turps. I.lnow a bloke who does the Ddoge conversions and that cab comparisons has never come up. I'll have to ask him.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts