Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Picked myself up a winch bar last night for a bargain. Realised it has holes drilled (extended?) on the winch mounting plate and was wondering whether it'll be an issue with mounting a winch? And if so, how to fix it? I've attached photos so you know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
nissan
1,109 Posts
Are there four holes in a rectangle pattern? I'd just get some flat bar for each side to spread the load out a bit. Better than a washer and saves the trouble of welding if you cant DIY.

·
Registered
nissan
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are there four holes in a rectangle pattern? I'd just get some flat bar for each side to spread the load out a bit. Better than a washer and saves the trouble of welding if you cant DIY.

Yeah they are in the standard winch mounting pattern positions, and each hole has either been enlarged similar to the photo or had a hole drilled very close to the original hole. I was thinking I might be able to get some steel to sit in front of the holes and drill a hole through the middle of it. Even better if I can get a length of steel to sit in front of the vertical mounting plates (one on each side) to distribute the load evenly.
Don't own a welder and have never welded so think this might be the go!

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,471 Posts
Don't stress too much about it, for feet-front winch mounts the bolts only hold the winch up when it's not being used. When winching there's actually less load on the bolts, as the winch is pulled forward to the bar, if that makes sense, so as Jamie said bigger washers will be fine if that's easier for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts