Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right.

Thought a new topic would make sense, so anyone who wants to have a peek at what we got up to doesn't have to sift through a few hundred pages of dribble.

Ok I met Thrasher, WA GU and madk1w1 at York on Friday arvo. We made our way to the meeting point and arrived around 6.30. Most of the other fellas were there, and Geordie4x4 arrived later on, about 9. My stepsons rocked up on Saturday morning, with Friday night's dinner in Braiden's fridge. I made a point of commenting on that. Several times, in between almost regurgitating the roadhouse burger I had to eat instead... But I digress.
That night, Thrasher, Kiwi and myself indulged in several cleansing ales, immediately followed by several more. We lamented the dumb young bastards who went to bed early, as we were up until about 2. Much to my disgust, Thrasher was relentless in his pursuit of madk1w1's sanity, and berated the unfortunate soul regarding his recent status in the unemployment ranks. I had to go to bed in amazement at Thrasher's poor form.

I woke up about 5.30, busting for a crap, a pee, with sand thrown in my eyes, a churning guts and wishing I was a bit dumber like them young bastards who go to bed earlier. Pfft...

Anyway, in the morning we had a look at the dam up on the rock;

And tried to convince Craig to go for a swim. Tempted, he was. Swim, he didn't.

Pfft.

We moseyed on to fuel up at Hyden, then went for a look at a Wave Rock for those who hadn't seen it.
There's always bloody one who has to do the surf thing...

This one is more prone to goose acts than most.

Anyway we continued down the Norseman-Hyden Road, and got to the start of the section of the Holland Track we would be doing.
As there was a sign there noting the track's adoption by the Landcruiser Club of WA, some pathetic, childish bossy bastard insisted on an appropriate photo to commemorate the trip;

How's the form on these arseholes???

Anyway we moved on up the track. There had been some rain here recently, and many of the bog holes were there for the taking, by any who chose to partake...

We had a lunch stop at the base of Mt Holland;

And several people commented on the constantly changing terrain and vegetation.

We set up camp for the night at Sandalwood Rocks, in a large clearing. Fortunately there had been no rain thus far on the trip.

Next morning we went to set off, to find Trublue's GU with the 3 litre had gone into limp mode and flashed error lights on the dash. Investigations revealed an air box full of water... And the recollection of the preceding day's festivities in the mud....

And no snorkel.

That will be his next investment.

It was universally agreed however, that the best way to fix it was to have fifteen blokes stand around the engine bay. I suspect this was in case a TD42 had to be lifted in there by hand.

That sorted for now we continued on and found more mud;
This pic was my young bloke in his GQ.

To give you an idea of the isolation of this place...

Ok I'm at the pic limit I'll continue next post...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok we made slow progress as Jaido was having fuel problems. We fitted the lift pump off madkiwi's car, but that only helped for a while. He had a new filter three days ago so we hadn't thought that wasn't too likely at that stage.

We stopped at the middle of the track where there is a plaque and a visitor's book. There was also an unopened can of a Emu Export (make of that what you will), a shotgun cartridge, and a roll of gaffa tape, amongst several other items.

Light rain had set in by lunch, and we got to camp about 4.30 after drizzle on and off all arvo.

Whilst sorting firewood from Dave's ute we found a small bat in on of the logs, he was lucky not to have been sawn in half and/or lobbed into the fire.

After hearing rumours of an unspeakable door issue, I invited myself to inspect Rhys's driver's door.

Wtf?

No, really, W T F ?

Parallel, much???

After nearly vomiting on Rhys's car Linda and I took Thrasher Junior for a walk to Thursday Rock. What a great little bloke, clearly NOT a chip off the old block. A polite bloke won't ask what's going on there, must be the postman's or something.

I also learnt the perils of attempting to explain to a five year old why we were unlikely to procure the treasure at the end of the rainbow. This invited a number of questions, bordering on interrogation.

Anyway we got a great fire going;

At this point I determined the time was ripe to unleash my ace.

I made my magic custom Hollywood banana dessert.

The group was putty in my hands. They were gagging with admiration, and both individually and collectively determined to do whatever it took to win favour with yours truly so they could partake in this culinary delight on another occasion should the opportunity arise.
Observe the concentration and the joy of tastebud orgasm, the only time of collective silence on the whole trip.

I must say I haven't got a pic of Sydo's dog. What a top little bloke he was, so friendly and happy. If someone has a pic of him on his dad's chair could you whack that up?

I left earlier than the others this morning, and had to collect my dog from a friend's place. I'm having an early night... Work tomorrow.

I will add, however, that I had an absolute ball (so did Linda and the kids), and what a top bunch of blokes each and every one of you are, I really enjoyed it and thanks for making it a great weekend.

I hope I'm free whenever the next one is...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a shame Gassed was at work and Dutch & Reuben still over East, it was a fantastic trip and had some great laughs, and it was good to put some faces to names.

Come to think of it...

There should be some awards :)

Only person bogged and requiring recovery award; TISCH

Playing in mud without a snorkel and filling your air box award; TRUBLUE

Worst GQ door hinges ever award; RHYS90

Chop your car in a month just to go on a trip award; HEAVENSENT

Mercilessly attacking unemployed short old sheep rooting bums award; THRASHER

Friendliest, coolest dog award; SYDO

Funniest bastard and with driest sense of humour award; WA GU

I'm sure I'll come up with more, let me sleep on it ;)

·
Registered
nissan
2,008 Posts
Great trip report Leethal, unfortunately you were your usual miserly self with the truth.

Thanks for a great weekend all those attended (and even some of those that didn't attend but still kept us entertained) myself and the young bloke had a great time catching up with some old faces and some new ones, and of course one crunt who got in first with his stories 'cause he buggered off early.

Unfortunately the Kiwi has become more than a one trick pony now, Jaido owes him a fuel pump and some other clown let his ute run out of fuel along the highway on the way home, and you guessed it, the Kiwi had a spare jerry to get him going to the next town.

Good to see all the petrols rock up......oh that's right it was only those with diesels that could afford this trip. In saying that the mighty TD42 with 1.7t of camper and 1/2t of wood managed to gulp diesel at the alarming rate of 25.4 litres per 100km.....No wonder I ran out of fuel on the way home.

Anyway, a couple of pics below

Leethal pushed everyone out of the way so he could look important and show us his receding hairline while he wired up a lift pump for Jaido. He still managed to get it to pump the wrong way, must have crossed the wires somewhere???

Why snorkels are more important than flash LED lights

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
2,008 Posts
It's a shame Gassed was at work and Dutch & Reuben still over East, it was a fantastic trip and had some great laughs, and it was good to put some faces to names.

Come to think of it...

There should be some awards :)

Only person bogged and requiring recovery award; TISCH

Playing in mud without a snorkel and filling your air box award; TRUBLUE

Worst GQ door hinges ever award; RHYS90

Chop your car in a month just to go on a trip award; HEAVENSENT

Mercilessly attacking unemployed short old sheep rooting bums award; THRASHER

Friendliest, coolest dog award; SYDO

Funniest bastard and with driest sense of humour award; WA GU

I'm sure I'll come up with more, let me sleep on it ;)
You missed at least one

Geographically Challenged Award; LEETHAL

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,871 Posts
Who's arse was my dog sniffing in the brown eye photo ? Great week end fellas. Home at 6pm

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You missed at least one

Geographically Challenged Award; LEETHAL
Lol is that the best you can do? It's actually called the 'Taking crunts on the scenic route award' :)

And I refuse to bite at your lame attempt to bait me about allegedly wiring the pump wrong when Kiwi put the hoses on wrong way around.

As for the running out of fuel... There are so many lines I could use there I just can't pick only one, I am speechless :)

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did someone get lost?

Cheers,
Not at all mate. I took the good folks on a short tour around Wattle Rocks, and again around the back of Mt Holland, as people often don't get to see the area.

Some folks, failing to follow the lead (or rather, people in front failing to mark corners), missed out on the extra sight seeing and in their fits of jealousy turned to an unprovoked attack on the bloke who happened to be in front at the time.

I have no time for such petty jealousies.

I shan't lower myself to discuss it any further.

·
Registered
nissan
2,008 Posts
Did someone get lost?

Cheers,
Forget the bullchit above, let's just say the bloke leading the trip had to ask Jaido and I to stop and wait, for what seemed like an hour, while he back tracked from his "scenic" route onto the actual track that we were supposed to be following.

To be fair to the rest of the circus that followed the ringmaster, I may have heard about his exploration feats before and kept an eye on my own maps to ascertain the correct direction. I therefore assured Jaido and his old man to "just park here, he will eventually figure out he's on the wrong track"

·
Registered
nissan
4,823 Posts
Great weekend, just what I needed, and as for my being more than a one trick pony Mr Thrasher you would be surprised if I let all my tricks out of the bag:p
Got in just after 6, blew a headlight fuse along Julimar road, it had melted the fuse holder base may have been the corrugations don't know they had been fine most of the day

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks like you all had a great trip out there.

I'm heading out there over the long weekend, with a mate who has a lambruiser

What was the distance from your start point of the track to the finish?

Cheers

Craig

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,258 Posts
loved it for my first remote touring trip.
came out un scaved other than some faulty wiring on the old LF240s and some stupid idiot shutting his hand in the door.
though think next years tax return will be a long range tank.

next few mods now in planning for old girl too

1 - 20 of 154 Posts