Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

121 - 140 of 149 Posts

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,865 Posts
And anyway.... So WHERE did you put the one intended for the fuel tank, the fkn wiper reservoir????

I reckon that was the problem Lee. Jaido abviously watched the jack Daniels YouTube video and did the conversion :)

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Jaido abviously watched the jack Daniels YouTube video and did the conversion :)
You might be on to something there bud.

To be fair he would have to test it. Several times to be thorough. I can see how this unfolded, I wouldn't be exactly immune to this kind of behaviour myself after some thorough testing if I'm honest :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Don't rub it in, Ben. Please! ::p

Don't worry Jaido, that Colorado has towed me as well. Except I had no clutch and it was on the trailer. And I've winched him out of the sh*t more times than I can remember so it kinda makes up for it.

As for the Landcruisers, Old Mate got towed half the length of the Holland Track and all the way home, whereas Jaido was towed a kilometre at the most. They can't say much!

·
Registered
nissan
415 Posts
Don't rub it in, Ben. Please! ::p

Don't worry Jaido, that Colorado has towed me as well. Except I had no clutch and it was on the trailer. And I've winched him out of the sh*t more times than I can remember so it kinda makes up for it.

As for the Landcruisers, Old Mate got towed half the length of the Holland Track and all the way home, whereas Jaido was towed a kilometre at the most. They can't say much!

Can't say much!!!!! I'm sure Lee could write a list
He put oil conditioner in his fuel!!!!
This could have been prevented.
The other peanuts are driving cruisers, the front diff blowing was inevitable.

·
Registered
Nissan
449 Posts
Hahahaha, that's fricken gold Dave!

Haven't got to the bottom of the power problem yet Craig, pretty sure it's the maf sensor, just haven't had time to grab a new one yet. Been flat out moving house. Still drives alrite, just gotta wait for a big gap in traffic, well a bigger one than usual, lol.

·
i like it dirty
nissan patrol
1,325 Posts
Hahahaha, that's fricken gold Dave!

Haven't got to the bottom of the power problem yet Craig, pretty sure it's the maf sensor, just haven't had time to grab a new one yet. Been flat out moving house. Still drives alrite, just gotta wait for a big gap in traffic, well a bigger one than usual, lol.
will this sensor be any good for you?

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Dave I wee'd a little bit then, that was piss funny :)

You haven't answered Greg's question, but I think we know the answer...

I hope that wasn't the back of an important document the DP needs to see tomorrow :)

·
Registered
9,233 Posts
Nah Jaido, mine has a different sort of sensor. Thanks for the offer anyway mate.
Even if it has had a bit of mud on the sensor, unless it has actually burnt the wire then you should be able to clean it and at least improve the response. Take it out of the housing, with mud it might need a gentle wash in water but only dip the muddy end and not the wire plug. spray with CRC MAF sensor cleaner or CRC Co contact cleaner. This will dry it out instantly and should leave no residue. If the mud has actually caused the wire to deteriorate and not put out the correct voltage, then yes it is stuffed.

Get a new one from NIZZBITS on this forum, he is cheaper and faster than from a Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
Nissan
449 Posts
I took it to my mechanic and he cleaned it with some maf sensor cleaner but no luck. So I'll just grab a new one and see what happens.

I forgot about nizzbits, haven't seen him mentioned since the Navara forum I was on. Nissan wanted $380 for a new one, so hopefully he can do it a bit cheaper. Thanks for the advice Geordie.

·
Registered
nissan
4,804 Posts
Bump.

Hopefully 2020 is Holland track time for me and the family
Jeeeeeezus! That's a thread dig, didn't realise that trip was soooooooo long ago. Was considering doing half of it this year from Marvel Loch back but unfortunately it never happened. Enjoy

121 - 140 of 149 Posts