nissan patrol gu4.2
1,085 Posts
Can't see why that wouldn't work:coffeeti:

Reactions: timmay556

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
I have an identical press. I rebuilt my gearbox and did suspension stuff all good. The only thing to think about is the smaller presses aren't wide enough for gears when doing gearboxes so a hydraulic puller set is required but for normal use thats perfect. Can be had for cheaper than that too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,868 Posts
Looks OK, the only thing I would suggest is to find the right spot for it and bolt it down. Man do I have a humourous story about a 50 tone press in PNG :).

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
Same as we have at work, almost looks identical too. Got it from the Toolbox in Mossvale, was around the 290-300 mark. Its bolted down as well.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
7,486 Posts
damit guys.
now I have another thing on the wish list.
gonna have to sell new house as soon as its build and hopefully make enough to upgrade to a bigger block where I can build a big shed.
no way I'm gonna be able go squeeze any more tools in my to be garage.

·
Registered
332 Posts
would recommend getting bigger rather than smaller
i did my radius arms in one i think it was 20 ton rating
and it only just got the new ones in
didnt touch the old ones

·
Registered
nissan
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. There's no way I'll ever rebuild a gear box I would say so this looks like the jobbie for me.

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Looks OK, the only thing I would suggest is to find the right spot for it and bolt it down. Man do I have a humourous story about a 50 tone press in PNG :).
Don't tease, share please! :D

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
I've got a cheaper one,same size but mines basically got an upside down bottle Jack and no gauge,I only got it to change radius arm Bush's which it did easily. imo a 20t press is more than big enough for most people.just be aware that on the smaller presses the table is very narrow so you won't be able to press things like axle bearings etc off,but I've always cut them off anyway and then press the new ones back on,no problems.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,868 Posts
Don't tease, share please! :D
I bought a new "50 tonne" press for our workshop in PNG, it was delivered and I spoke to a couple of tradesmen about where it was to go and bolting it down, 2 days later the press is still sitting on the dock, so I find the tradesmen and ask them why they haven't installed it, "Nogat boss, look im weigh 50 tonne".

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
This is the one I have my eye on, its air over hydraulic so it leaves both hands to hold the job.

Thing is it keeps going up in price.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,868 Posts
That's the same style I bought for the PNG factory, the air connection is quite handy.

If you can get it installed :rolleyes:.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,647 Posts
I got a cheap 20t job, love it.

Best if you have a mate with a BFO lathe to make perfect sized dies for all the patrol bushes too.

I also got a 400mm section of the block and blade when we bought new ones for the 60t pressbrake at work, so I can use it as a bender too.

If you can get all these bits it becomes much more handy :)

Also you can threaten to squash your teenager's fingers if he doesn't do the dishes.

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
I got a cheap 20t job, love it.

Best if you have a mate with a BFO lathe to make perfect sized dies for all the patrol bushes too.

I also got a 400mm section of the block and blade when we bought new ones for the 60t pressbrake at work, so I can use it as a bender too.

If you can get all these bits it becomes much more handy :)

Also you can threaten to squash your teenager's fingers if he doesn't do the dishes.
I just brought a cheap $100 3/4" drive socket set of eBay, your bound to find the right size for what ever you want to press out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts