Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I trust your dash vents are clean...
nissan
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just given Leethal a hard time about how dirty his dash vents are (and him subsequently cleaning them to within an inch of their lives) I thought it might be time to start a thread where people can post pics of their clean or dirty dash vents....

My vents from a few months ago:

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
557 Posts
My vents are lovely and clean, but there's a little sand dune in the pipework behind them

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Ummmmm mine have 6 years of dust and wedge sand. You turn the aircon on and get a sand blast lol

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Ummmmm mine have 6 years of dust and wedge sand. You turn the aircon on and get a sand blast lol
Last time I left mine parked on the beach all day at Wedge whilst I went fishing, there was sand in every fing. Even with the windows up it comes in through somewhere.

So I get home, open the doors, throw out the rubber mats, get the leaf blower thing and ear muffs, give it a good blow-job. Sand, leafs, spiders, red dust, brown mud, carpet fluff, lolly wrappers, dropped peanuts, you name it, all come blowing out from vents, under seats, down cracks in the back of the seat, under the dash mat.

Now I have to take it out and get it dirty again.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,471 Posts
Haha!

30,000 comedians on centrelink payments and everyone on here is a one man show!!!

Yeah a tip, don't use the flash on your phone camera if taking pic of dash, it makes it look heaps dirtier and these buggers nail you in no time.

Yes I was forced to spend hours cleaning them, with a good result :)

Strewth I'd better start scrutinizing build threads looking for imperfections !!!

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
**** that looks like a new one Leethal.

Love your switch panel labels, Where did you get the lettering done?

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,471 Posts
Pfft!! Meh, that's old news bud, replaced them AGES ago!

The old;

And the new;

Um... Ok ok before someone rats me out it was actually yesterday :)

Mate the traffolite labelling I got done at a place in Midland, but it was about 8 or 9 years ago and I'm buggered if I can remember where. However I get smaller switch labels done at work, I can ask the storeman where they come from if you like (I know it's in Malaga somewhere), I have no doubt they can do anything of the sort in any size and colour you like. I did once consider seeing if I could get it done with a transparent background and put a small light inside the switch box, so at night the letters would glow... Never got around to it, and it just seemed a little bit, um, overboard... Ok gay as aids. Glad I never did it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Nice, starting to look like the inside of an airliner ****pit. Just need throttle levers for all four engines now.

But yes the black Carling type switches do look a lot neater (and less pose) than the red missile switches.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,471 Posts
I was a younger bloke when them bad boys got the gig ... I guess you grow up and your tastes change!

I've always liked the carlings since ARB started using them instead of the old push button one they used to use.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
My air con vents are covered in dust sitting in the shed since I removed them from service. No air con and blowing hot air/sand/dust at you meant they were just for show anyway so I did something useful with them. I'll be mounting Auber gauges in the drivers side vents, and no idea what to do with the passenger side one. I'll work something out one day.

Sorry for the bad photo, my phone won't take photos any more so I can't get anything better :(

·
nissan
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Without air con, thats a really good use of space Rhys and when the weather is cold, you can still heat your feet up so win win.
Personally Ill stick with the a/c though and just stir sh*t about things that dont matter such as dirty vents.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
74 Posts
Pfft!! Meh, that's old news bud, replaced them AGES ago!

The old;

And the new;

Um... Ok ok before someone rats me out it was actually yesterday :)

Mate the traffolite labelling I got done at a place in Midland, but it was about 8 or 9 years ago and I'm buggered if I can remember where. However I get smaller switch labels done at work, I can ask the storeman where they come from if you like (I know it's in Malaga somewhere), I have no doubt they can do anything of the sort in any size and colour you like. I did once consider seeing if I could get it done with a transparent background and put a small light inside the switch box, so at night the letters would glow... Never got around to it, and it just seemed a little bit, um, overboard... Ok gay as aids. Glad I never did it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lethal, I've flown aircraft with less dials/swiches/toggles than your GQ. Or is it an aircraft with a GQ dash?;-)

·
Murphys Law magnet
nissan patrol 08 model
178 Posts
you must be tall leethal? I reckon by the time you pull the sun visor down it would touch the lift kit on the dash... how much windscreen is left? Does look neat though should change your name to topgun;)

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,471 Posts
Mate those gauges are recessed into the top of the binnacle cover, so they are only 40mm higher than the factory binnacle surround anyway.

Yes I am pretty tall.

When I'm standing on a milk crate :)

But the recaros are a bit higher than factory seats so I can see out :cool:

Pics give poor indication but in reality there is no obstruction to view, everything is in easy reach and it all works well, I wish you could all sit in it for a few minutes haha!

·
nissan
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It all looks really good Lee - no such thing as too much information from aftermarket gauges or too many switched goodies! Would love to see your truck in the metal mate if ever over in the 'west' again.

Also re cleaned the dash vents the other night but realised this now makes the rest of centre section look rubbish so guess what I am doing tonight? haha. Nothing but the big ticket items for me.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Does anyone else use their dash as storage or is that just me? Admittedly being a ute there is much less storage space and the flat dash is perfect :p

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Only thing my dash stores is a rifle when shooting:)

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,471 Posts
Your switches look great in that spot Rhys. My air con works so that's never going to happen for me though. I'm sure I saw a thread on here somewhere (had a search but stuffed if I can find it) where a guy bought the centre surround section, I think he flipped I upside down and cut off the part he wanted and mounted it on top, so it look really factory, very impressive.

It's 11.22 eastern states time so Bryce should have finished scrubbing his dash by now haha!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,054 Posts
Cheers Lee! Its much better having them all high and easy to see. Got Shaun from 4x4 Extras chasing after some more caps. Best part of my set up is its not likely to be copied too often. Lol
I remember that thread. Came out mint!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts