1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Thats a great show QI

·
Banned
616 Posts
I am far from the smartest man in the world but I would have thought the comment " you think this happened after the Spanish colonisation of Mexico" was fairly obvious. I'm sorry mate, I’m not setting out to be aggressive or be an arse hole but my honest opinion is, if you are in awe of Steven Fry' intelect from this footage you need to read a little more and broaden your interests and academic horizons.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The point is not....

I am far from the smartest man in the world but I would have thought the comment " you think this happened after the Spanish colonisation of Mexico" was fairly obvious. I'm sorry mate, I’m not setting out to be aggressive or be an arse hole but my honest opinion is, if you are in awe of Steven Fry' intelect from this footage you need to read a little more and broaden your interests and academic horizons.

Awwww Come 'ere someone needs a hug.

Seems to me that you are being quite confrontational, fortunately it takes more than that to rattle my cage.

But at the same time I quite enjoy a mental confrontation, so, as a challenge, can you come up with a more inteligent conversation that has been thought up on the spur of the moment. If I was questioned as to when the the Spaniards colonised Mexico I may have been able to work it out, could I have thought of it IMMEDIATELYmid conversation,no deffinately not.

Also my admiration of Stephen Fry is certainly not only based on that footage, I think he is a well read, intelligent and eloquent individual.

As for my Interests, they range from cars, motorbikes, meteorology, helicopters and welding all the way to sewing, sailing and Wildlife caring. And as far as my academic aspirations they are as broad as my interests.

Why would anyone think that they could sum-up someones entire personality with so little information and more to the point why would they feel the need ( EDIT:authority ) to vocalise their opinion? That's why I feel you are being both of the things that you are setting out not to be.

Gordon

·
Banned
616 Posts
Awwww Come 'ere someone needs a hug.

Seems to me that you are being quite confrontational, fortunately it takes more than that to rattle my cage.
How long did it take you to put all that together ?
Need a hug? cage rattled much? lol

as for "why would they feel the authority to vocalise their opinion".

It's a public domain mate. it's the nature of the beast. Post on the web and be prepaired for opinions.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rainy Saturday, what else to do?

I agree that each is entitled to their opinion but don't have to like it. And I still feel that your initial response was unwarrented.

Gordon

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All good mate,

I've been home for the past week with my 4 year old daughter with chickenpox so I'm probably a bit over sensetive due to lack of sleep.

Cheers Gordo'

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to me,,,,

To me this reinforces my opinion of him being both intelligent and articulate.

Shilo ( an honest question ) is that your intention?

Cheers Gordo'

·
Registered
nissan
511 Posts
Close, so I'll have to give a few points..;)

The correct answer is actually ...Rolling on the Floor Pissing myself laughing...

Written By myself, in a moment of early onset oldtimers ,

couldn't for the life of me remember ROFLMAO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts